Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

2012-12-23 BCR Gold Potion 140

Status
Not open for further replies.

waynegg

CotD Editor<br>Forum Moderator
"Before posting, please review the FAQ and follow the Guidelines provided for Card of they Day. Whereas we enjoy opinions of the cards, it is necessary to include a Brief Description for all players to understand your point of view and an optional Rating (ex. x/10). In the future, posts not using the FAQ information may be deleted and reported. Thanks, Mgmt"

[gal=53915]2012-12-23 BCR Gold Potion 140[/gal]​

A card I didn't expect to be so good, but has proved me wrong.

8/10 but will most likely become an irrelevant ace-spec after the next set's release

A great healing item for those times when you just have to keep your Active Pokemon alive. Unfortunately, if you're playing this, you can't play Computer Search. Also rather meaningless if you're playing either Hydreigon or Klinklang, since Max Potion can be used more easily in that regard. 8/10 nonetheless.

Such a good card, but is often neglected in favor of Computer Search. Most cards don't hit for a whole lot more than 90, and it's more than enough to turn 2HKO's into 3HKO's and 3HKO's into 4HKO's.

8.5/10

this card would be in every deck if computer search wasn't in the format. this is the only other good ace spec out of Boundaries crossed. like what Shen said, most t1 decks have their 2HKO's turned into 3HKO's. too bad that even less decks will run this once plasma gale (i believe it will be called plasma storm once released in the US, though plasma gale sounds so much cooler) is released as practically every deck will play ether computer search, dowsing Machine, or scrable switch as their ace spec. i give gold potion an 8/10.

I'm sorry but healing 90 doesn't compare to being able to search your deck for any 1 card you desire. Computer Search is the best ASPEC. This 1 takes 2nd place. Plus there's Max Potion in this format. Max Potion clears all damage. This clears only 90.

9/10. Computer Search gets 10/10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back