Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

2013-01-04 BCR Samurott 041

Status
Not open for further replies.

waynegg

CotD Editor<br>Forum Moderator
"Before posting, please review the FAQ and follow the Guidelines provided for Card of they Day. Whereas we enjoy opinions of the cards, it is necessary to include a Brief Description for all players to understand your point of view and an optional Rating (ex. x/10). In the future, posts not using the FAQ information may be deleted and reported. Thanks, Mgmt"

[gal=53801]2013-01-04 BCR Samurott 041[/gal]​

7/10. Not the best Samurott, not the worst either. The weakness is perfect at the moment in this format is your a Samurott fan and this Samurott can DCE unlike the earlier versions of it and it's second attack is pretty good at stalling.

Honestly a pretty solid card in this format. Obviously Keldeo is a better water attacker, but if you're diehard Samurott fan you could have a decently viable deck with this thing just due to Landorus' popularity.

6.5 for me. It'd be mabye a 7 or 7.5 if the second attack did 90.

It is a great Stage 2 with great art. There are a few things i don not like, though. For example, The weakness is unlike any other Samurott. All the past Samurotts' have electric as it's weakness, not grass. The second thing i don't like is the high retreat cost. I know it's only one more energy, but you can't use anything like Skyarrow Bridge for this type of pokemon. Like I said, it has great art and health. I would LOVE to run this evolution in my deck. But sadly, There are no available spots left. The second attack brings back memories of HGSS Hyper Beam Gyarados.

I rate this card 8/10

Not really too sure why anyone would give this card anything higher than 6/10. Anything thats decent or semi playable should be 6-7, anything that you wouldnt think about is lower.

Maybe its just me but Im not seeing anything out of this card. First attack is pretty decent, 50 for 2 energies, but the key thing is that this guy is stage 2, meaning most of your deck would be dedicated to the Pokemon evolution line. If the stage 2 your dropping isnt going to really change the game, its not going to be worth all that effort to bring out.

Second attack is awful, 4 energies is not worth 80 damage and an energy discard is nothing that great, at least not in the long run. This guy cant really kill anything, he cant stack damage, I really dont see what uses it has since theres not very many possibilities with his abilities. In this meta this guy wouldnt match up against anything well or be able to really be effective against anything other than fire decks which other cards are already just as or more effective.

I give it a 5/10. Cant see myself ever running this guy. He has decent weakness and HP, retreat is good for Heavy Ball, but doesnt bring anything to the table other than a low cost 1 low damaging attack.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back