Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

2013-01-30 BCR Jellicent 045

Status
Not open for further replies.

waynegg

CotD Editor<br>Forum Moderator
"Before posting, please review the FAQ and follow the Guidelines provided for Card of they Day. Whereas we enjoy opinions of the cards, it is necessary to include a Brief Description for all players to understand your point of view and an optional Rating (ex. x/10). In the future, posts not using the FAQ information may be deleted and reported. Thanks, Mgmt"

[gal=53805]2013-01-30 BCR Jellicent 045[/gal]​

This looks like another card thats not only not worth a rare spot but is barely worth even talking about so I'll keep it short.

Its ability just isnt worth it. 1 more retreat is meaningless against Darkrai, keldeo, skyarrow bridge and switch. It sounds like its useful but realistically it doesnt do much since 1 retreat more isnt that difficult to play around. If this was a basic it would be an ok ability and maybe useful since you could drop multiples of these without much effort, but its a stage 1 thats water no less and cant fit its way into Blastoise decks or decks using blend energy since none of these decks have room. I really dont see this useful in anything. Ive heard talk of it being combined with some of the new poison strategies from Plasma Storm, but I dont see this impacting a game enough. Playing this cards pre evolution and this in a deck isnt worth the space and doesnt do much for you and hurts the opponent minimally. In multiples sometimes your opponent isnt able to retreat manually, which might make a fine troll strategy, but most decks can make use out of whatever is active and have lots of retreat options to get out of its ability.

The attack is just bad. 3 for 40 is awful and confusion (potential confusion which is pretty bad) is probably the worse condition to give your opponent since it may not even have an effect on them. 40 will never beat anything and sometimes the confusion just does nothing. This card is pretty much a bench warmer, you will never get to attack with it and even if you do then you wont be doing much. Being catcher bait isnt very good either.

3 retreat is bad even with heavy ball options, lightning weakness is eh, 100 hp is bad since it doesnt work with level ball and overall this card cant deal that much damage or annoying your opponent enough to make it worth running.

I give it a 2.5-3/10 since it does have a unique ability that isnt seen on many other cards but that ability is nothing worth writing home about.

Last edited:
Let's see here: It's HP is pretty low, it's Ability is useless against Darkrai and it's attack is pretty weak, taking 2-3 energies to do only 40 measly damage. The only way it would be used, would be for it's Ability. But with Darkrai in the same format, the ability is completely useless.

1/10. It's THAT bad of a card.

I'm really not sure who pays for Retreat in this Format anyway. X3

2/10

Blastoise/Keldeo Player who wants to pay 2 retreat cost, use e.retrieval and load another keldeo ;).
This jellicent should be given for free. It isn't worth rare place in set. I can give this card only 4/10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back