Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

2013-02-02 BCR Shaymin 010

Status
Not open for further replies.

waynegg

CotD Editor<br>Forum Moderator
"Before posting, please review the FAQ and follow the Guidelines provided for Card of they Day. Whereas we enjoy opinions of the cards, it is necessary to include a Brief Description for all players to understand your point of view and an optional Rating (ex. x/10). In the future, posts not using the FAQ information may be deleted and reported. Thanks, Mgmt"

[gal=53767]2013-02-02 BCR Shaymin 010[/gal]​

Emolga is far superior to this card. The biggest reason is the free retreat and resistance to fighting.

This card is basically an inferior version since they are almost the same card. Leaf drain is bad, 2 grass for 30 isnt worth it. Potential heal is also pretty lack luster and this thing is a rare (yet Emolga is an uncommon). I get that legendary Pokemon deserve to be rares but this thing doesnt even look like a legendary so nobody would even notice if it had a lower rarity anyway.

If Emolga wasnt around, this thing wouldnt be too bad. Considering it has the same HP but worse resistance,worse retreat and deals almost the same damage for its damaging attack, theres no point to ever playing it.

Id say 1.5/10. This thing is borderline useless. Even Lapras has more HP and has a better attack with its similar ability.

Emolga is far superior to this card. The biggest reason is the free retreat and resistance to fighting.

This card is basically an inferior version since they are almost the same card. Leaf drain is bad, 2 grass for 30 isnt worth it. Potential heal is also pretty lack luster and this thing is a rare (yet Emolga is an uncommon). I get that legendary Pokemon deserve to be rares but this thing doesnt even look like a legendary so nobody would even notice if it had a lower rarity anyway.

If Emolga wasnt around, this thing wouldnt be too bad. Considering it has the same HP but worse resistance,worse retreat and deals almost the same damage for its damaging attack, theres no point to ever playing it.

Id say 1.5/10. This thing is borderline useless. Even Lapras has more HP and has a better attack with its similar ability.

I agree with everything you said here, except for Lapras. Lapras maybe had more HP, but requires a :water: Energy. The reason why this Shaymin and Emolga are better, is that they can take any energy. I know a great way this card would have been better. In fact, if it was my way, it'd be better than Emolga. This card would've been way better if it was Sky Form Shaymin and had free retreat and was an uncommon. Why? Easy. Sky Form Shaymin is resistant to :fighting:. What are some decks that are popular in this meta? :fighting: Types. You could put the Sky Form Shaymin active, Call For Family and resist :fighting: Type Pokémon all at the same time!

This Shaymin gets a 1/10 for me.

My idea would be a definite 10/10.

I agree with everything you said here, except for Lapras. Lapras maybe had more HP, but requires a :water: Energy. The reason why this Shaymin and Emolga are better, is that they can take any energy. I know a great way this card would have been better. In fact, if it was my way, it'd be better than Emolga. This card would've been way better if it was Sky Form Shaymin and had free retreat and was an uncommon. Why? Easy. Sky Form Shaymin is resistant to :fighting:. What are some decks that are popular in this meta? :fighting: Types. You could put the Sky Form Shaymin active, Call For Family and resist :fighting: Type Pokémon all at the same time!

This Shaymin gets a 1/10 for me.

My idea would be a definite 10/10.

Yeah I get what your saying but the fact that emolga is always more prefered than Shaymin in anything. Shaymin is just flat up worse, you would just play Emolga instead. Lapras is an alternative if your playing Blastoise since you get more HP out of it and you can retreat it easier since you can stack water energies on it. Probably still better off with emolga either way but in that deck you would run Lapras over Shaymin while you wouldnt give Shaymin a thought in any deck (unless grass had their own Blastoise, but they dont).

actualy this card isn't as bad as yo think. it runs realy well with rayeels with a keldeo tech you get to discard an energy early, so you get to dynamotor early. its weakness is better than emolga's and is not a bad substitute if you dont have emolga.

id rate this card a 7/10 if i was running anything else besides rayeels with keldeo tech i would use emolga.

It would have been best during the old era if this card exist .. During the era Grass pokemon get Extra HP..
5/10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back