Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

2013-02-06 PLS Sharpedo 033

Status
Not open for further replies.

waynegg

CotD Editor<br>Forum Moderator
"Before posting, please review the FAQ and follow the Guidelines provided for Card of they Day. Whereas we enjoy opinions of the cards, it is necessary to include a Brief Description for all players to understand your point of view and an optional Rating (ex. x/10). In the future, posts not using the FAQ information may be deleted and reported. Thanks, Mgmt"

[gal=54148]2013-02-06 PLS Sharpedo 033[/gal]​

Its Rocky Helmet except that you cant equip it to any pokemon you like and have to add deck filler. This is probably one of the most pointless cards (even worse that its a stage 1 and guess...a RARE no less) out there.

Its attack is pretty bad, even for low energy cost you need a coin flip to get the average 2 for 60. Bad hp, could care less about the weakness and retreat cost because theres no use for this card what so ever.

My first 1/10 since reviewing cards. Just play Rocky helmet, its the same thing without a bad attack and tons of deck filler. Theres infinite better water attackers for low energy (And like that matters for water decks due to blastoise making that not matter). Looks like it should belong in boundaries crossed with all the other bad cards we have to review on here.

Its Rocky Helmet except that you cant equip it to any pokemon you like and have to add deck filler. This is probably one of the most pointless cards (even worse that its a stage 1 and guess...a RARE no less) out there.

Its attack is pretty bad, even for low energy cost you need a coin flip to get the average 2 for 60. Bad hp, could care less about the weakness and retreat cost because theres no use for this card what so ever.

My first 1/10 since reviewing cards. Just play Rocky helmet, its the same thing without a bad attack and tons of deck filler. Theres infinite better water attackers for low energy (And like that matters for water decks due to blastoise making that not matter). Looks like it should belong in boundaries crossed with all the other bad cards we have to review on here.

You forgot to mention that it has free retreat. So that's pretty good, despite this card being pretty bad.

You forgot to mention that it has free retreat. So that's pretty good, despite this card being pretty bad.

I mentioned the retreat. I said that its irrelevant since you wouldnt ever use this card. Wasting deck space to ever get this into play makes retreat not matter since if your so worried about retreat you would allocate deck slots to retreating options instead of this.

closest comparison would be Lucario

both have the rocky helmet ability, both stage 1s with a 2 energy attack,
hp and retreat are slightly different

water with lightning weak is slightly better then fight with psychic weak atm.

lucario's attack is slightly better as you get more total damage, more consistently

they both aren't the greatest in this big basic format but they are both about the same power level

though sharpedo being team plasma means it has extra energy accel options

4/10

This is the first card from the new set we review?!

I love Sharpedo; it's one of my favorite Hoenn Pokemon, and its having huge attack power is great in the video games. But I think the last time there's ever been a card version of it that's been any good was Sharpedo-ex from eons ago, and this Plasma-ified incarnation doesn't come anywhere close. 90HP is low on a Stage 1, Lightning Weakness isn't as dangerous today as it was about a year ago (but it doesn't matter anyway because too many thinks can and will knock it out easily), and the Ability only becomes a threat if you're playing Tool Scrapper-vulnerable Rocky Helmets (or Rock Guard once that's released). One of these days, Sharpedo'll return to the days of being the true bully of the seas, but not with this card.

Modified: 2/10 - Just ain't gonna cut it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back