Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

2013-02-08 PLS Torterra 003

Status
Not open for further replies.

waynegg

CotD Editor<br>Forum Moderator
"Before posting, please review the FAQ and follow the Guidelines provided for Card of they Day. Whereas we enjoy opinions of the cards, it is necessary to include a Brief Description for all players to understand your point of view and an optional Rating (ex. x/10). In the future, posts not using the FAQ information may be deleted and reported. Thanks, Mgmt"

[gal=54118]2013-02-08 PLS Torterra 003[/gal]​

good anti blastoise.deck card. pretty much destroys that entire deck providing it can survive.

good hp, resistance and weakness. high retreat cost but searchable via. heavy ball. 1st attack is eh but the 2nd can be deadly against grass weak cards (which is obviously blastoise and keldeo).

this would be better if grass had better energy acceleration. its not impossible to attack with but incredibly slow. you can use plasma energies but i dont see it being very effective against the general meta.

4/10. not horrible but wont see any competitive usage

I <don't think> this kills Blastoise/Keldeo. It's a stage two, so it's not like it can kill a Squirtle T1 or anything, Keldeo is going to be 2HKOing, regardless of resistance, and it has a 50/50 shot of not even OHKOing a Keldeo EX. Am I missing something?

Last edited by a moderator:
Finally, write a review of what you think about the card, not what you think of other's review of the card or what you think of other members. Posts that get off topic (the card!), will be deleted.

Guys and gals- any more posts on this, or any future, Card of the Day that comment on another user's opinion of the card is going to earn a rare infraction (not friendly reminder- infraction) from me. This is starting to get out of hand and ends now. Posts deleted to clean it up. If you agree or disagree with what someone else says- do so in silence. This is designed to be a point/counterpoint where you may see something from a different angle after reading another user's post, not an arguefest. Besides, nobody wants to see page after page of arguments cluttering the front page.

If you haven't read the FAQ (which is linked in the OP of every CotD), do so now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back