Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

2013-02-18 PLS Infernape 017

Status
Not open for further replies.

waynegg

CotD Editor<br>Forum Moderator
"Before posting, please review the FAQ and follow the Guidelines provided for Card of they Day. Whereas we enjoy opinions of the cards, it is necessary to include a Brief Description for all players to understand your point of view and an optional Rating (ex. x/10). In the future, posts not using the FAQ information may be deleted and reported. Thanks, Mgmt"

[gal=54132]2013-02-18 PLS Infernape 017[/gal]​

5/10 this card might actually have been good if Blastoise/Keldeo wasn't around. I can't see this card ever being played competitively.

The deck would've been good if we only had Double Rainbow Energy, and if EX Pokemon didn't exist in general. :(

Well Plasma Frigate and Colress machine might give it some red face paint play, it's a pretty good card. 7.

Last edited:
I started writing my review and then hit backspace so ill sum this up in some sort points.

Not a bad card due to free retreat and decent damage for low amounts of energy, but water weakness is a killer. 130 hp is OK, it cant knock any EX out in 1 shot, fueling this card can be incredibly difficult, its 1st attack isnt that great (since you can just switch out of it), and stage 2's are only worth it if they are providing you with some gamebreaking ability. Fire decks are hard to run due to Blastoise and with Emboar decks already using a stage 2, it would be hard to fit this in and to make effective usage.

Id give it a 5.5/10. Would have been good in the DP/HGSS era but in today's game it falls short.

Well, it can't knock out any really threatening EX's, but it does OHKO Mew EX, Cobalion EX, Registeel EX, Celebi EX, Shaymin EX, and Victini EX. And I guess Cobalion EX can be kind of a threat at times. Good synergy with Colress Machine, and/or basically any other kind of energy acceleration. Attatch one energy from hand, then Dynamotor/Shift Gear/Dark Trance/Colress Machine/Ether/Deluge/Inferno Fandango the second energy onto Infernape, and you can keep it going turn after turn. If Infernape's HP weren't so low, lol. 5/10

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back