Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

2013-03-20 PLS Conkeldurr 081

Status
Not open for further replies.

waynegg

CotD Editor<br>Forum Moderator
"Before posting, please review the FAQ and follow the Guidelines provided for Card of they Day. Whereas we enjoy opinions of the cards, it is necessary to include a Brief Description for all players to understand your point of view and an optional Rating (ex. x/10). In the future, posts not using the FAQ information may be deleted and reported. Thanks, Mgmt"

[gal=54196]2013-03-20 PLS Conkeldurr 081[/gal]​

I didnt even know this card existed. Kinda glad about that.

1/10 It speaks for itself how bad it is. That 1st attack isnt ever going off since you would be dead from a Laser before you get to use it.

This may work well with Skuntank G, but if Skuntank G was in the format, we would have big problems.

It does have a decent amount of HP and can be searched out with Heavy Ball. High Energy Costs and Psychic Weakness are gonna hurt though. If it somehow was fully powered, it could make a big dent in Darkrai (or KO with a PlusPower or HypnoBank). I give it 2/10.

2/10

I was going to rate this higher, but that's because I thought he had 150HP. If that was the case, Darkrai/lasers would be unable to KO you, and they would think twice before using lasers, but the 140 HP is just in range of Virbank/laser/Darkclaw to make them able to KO you before you get anything off. Until there's a way to poison or burn your own pokemon, there is no use for this card.

3/10

Stage 2, bad attacks.

The ability on the first attack is cool but cant make up for the awful attacks, HP, retreat cost, and weakness.

Digging the art though ill give that a 7.

With all of the poison running amok in the format right now, the concept of Facade isn't bad on paper, but it's lousy in practice. Seeing as the defending Pokemon will more than likely be an EX, I'd rather do 120 for 3 with Bouffalant, since that's a basic and doesn't require you to be poisoned. 140 HP = a magical Darkrai number, and Drain Punch is a horrible attack. 4 for 80 is never good, and as Conkeldurr is likely to be OHKO'd, you likely won't be able to heal 20 damage anyway. Outside of the weakness(and I'm not even sure of that), this card is completely outclassed by Landorus EX. 2/10.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back