Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

2013-03-31 PLS Virbank City Gym 126

Status
Not open for further replies.

waynegg

CotD Editor<br>Forum Moderator
"Before posting, please review the FAQ and follow the Guidelines provided for Card of they Day. Whereas we enjoy opinions of the cards, it is necessary to include a Brief Description for all players to understand your point of view and an optional Rating (ex. x/10). In the future, posts not using the FAQ information may be deleted and reported. Thanks, Mgmt"

[gal=54240]2013-03-31 PLS Virbank City Gym 126[/gal]​

This card would be a great staple card for decks that can utilize poison. Sadly this is only being used with HTL. It is a great card but make HTL overpowered with its build in luck factor.

8/10 for great design but it loses points for being released with laser.

Only very good with decks that use laser. There are potential for other poison based decks (Scolipede) but in reality only good because of laser. Im not a fan of the artwork either

It does get points for setting up the most broken card in the format.

7/10 Play
4/10 Art

Almost every Meta deck plays this right now (save Blastoise and Klinklang)
Correct me if there are more, The reason this card is so good
A: Hypnotoxic Laser
and the part that people seem to forget
B: IT GETS RID OF TROPICAL BEACH
If your opponent needs Beach to set up you can just play it down and N their hand of 7
9/10 from me

9/10

Near broken with lasers. It also makes anything that poisons more deadly.

The only reason it's not a 10 is because this card can work against you when your opponent plays lasers of their own.

9/10 Once Ghetsis comes out this +Stoutland + Ghetsis + Accelgor = Immediate victory! Not joking.

2/10 for art, I mean look at the art on all of the other cards. This card's art is obviously digitally made so no nostalgia for similar art as Base Set, but it just plain out sucks. There are no excuses for this bad of digital art...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back