Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

2013-04-08 PLS Dodrio 100

Status
Not open for further replies.

waynegg

CotD Editor<br>Forum Moderator
"Before posting, please review the FAQ and follow the Guidelines provided for Card of they Day. Whereas we enjoy opinions of the cards, it is necessary to include a Brief Description for all players to understand your point of view and an optional Rating (ex. x/10). In the future, posts not using the FAQ information may be deleted and reported. Thanks, Mgmt"

[gal=54215]2013-04-08 PLS Dodrio 100[/gal]​

I orginally thought this was the worst rare in the set, but I quess the first attack does have potential. If it was a basic or Broken Time Space was still legal, it could see play as a donker. The artwork is fairly decent.

Playability Rate: 4/10
Artwork Rate: 6/10

Having not seen this card before, the preview of the CotD on the main page drew me in. Is it a rule that non-holo cards with superior artwork must be bad? :nonono:

Raging Pecks sounds like an extreme attack but instead... You get self-auto-confusion. This would not be a problem for a free retreat pokemon, but this pokemon has :colorless: retreat.

:colorless::colorless::colorless: for 60 was outclassed long ago.

:fighting: Resist means it can hold on for a few turns against Terrakion and Landorous EX. 90 HP with no hope of defense means it gets KOed by everything else.

Considering that, no wonder it is angry. :rolleyes:

3/10

I'm temping to rank it lower just because I'm sick of pulling these online. It's bad, but it's not horrifically bad. The attacks are cheap and it's splashable. Might be okay in limited, but outside of that, I wouldn't bother.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back