Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

2013-04-22 PLS Random Receiver 138

Status
Not open for further replies.

waynegg

CotD Editor<br>Forum Moderator
"Before posting, please review the FAQ and follow the Guidelines provided for Card of they Day. Whereas we enjoy opinions of the cards, it is necessary to include a Brief Description for all players to understand your point of view and an optional Rating (ex. x/10). In the future, posts not using the FAQ information may be deleted and reported. Thanks, Mgmt"

[gal=54254]2013-04-22 PLS Random Receiver 138[/gal]​

At first, Random Reciever was viewed as a great card ,but now you can run so much more than this.

Playability: 5/10

Artwork:3/10 (It's just gold.)

I still like this card as an 1 of in darkrai sableye decks. I usually ultra ball away a random receiver and a dark energy to save myself from throwing away something useful. Mid-late game I can junkhunt for a random receiver for a draw supporter next turn. Saved a lot of games for me when play testing and in tournament play. Outside of darkrai sableye decks theres not much else its good for since skyla came out.

6/10 Playabilty

5/10

I never understood what was so great about this card. You could get the same results by playing more random supporters. The only reason to play this is with sableye, but everywhere else it's a complete waste.

I stopped running random receivers in my decks. There's so many Supporters out there now, I run 14 of them. If I'm desperate enough, I'll just Skyla for a Supporter. And there are plenty of new Supporters coming out in the next 2 sets.

1/10 for playability now that there's a lot more Supporters in the format (and more to come)

10/10 for Artwork, because it's Gold and Gold is my favourite colour!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back