Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

2013-06-24 PLF Absol 067

Status
Not open for further replies.

waynegg

CotD Editor<br>Forum Moderator
"Before posting, please review the FAQ and follow the Guidelines provided for Card of they Day. Whereas we enjoy opinions of the cards, it is necessary to include a Brief Description for all players to understand your point of view and an optional Rating (ex. x/10). In the future, posts not using the FAQ information may be deleted and reported. Thanks, Mgmt"

[gal=54729]2013-06-24 PLF Absol 067[/gal]​

Yet another Dark Plasma Pokemon, so it gets a lot of support, almost all the available support in the format.

Absol is great, and is used successfully as a 1 or 2-of usually. It gives Darkrai a non-EX attacker to deal with Plasma Klinklang, and deals lots of damage for cheap against any deck that needs to fill their Bench (and the most popular deck fills their Bench often).

100 HP is good for a Basic, especially one that hits as hard as Absol, and with the amount of support it has. Fighting weakness is bad but not the worst, Psychic resistance is excellent, especially considering that any resistance at all is good, and a Retreat Cost of 1 is good. You probably won't ever use its second attack.

It's a great card, probably not going to be your main attacker, but definitely an excellent backup attacker.

Modified: 9/10

8.5/10

This has the best typing you can get. Not only do you get all the wonderful plasma benefits, but you get all the nice dark support, and it's a non EX basic. You don't get much better than that. As for the card itself, it's pretty good. Mind Jack is a little too dependable on what your opponent has on the field, but it's not hard to be hitting for 80 to 120 damage (for 2 energy that's really good) and with all the ways you can boost it's attack, that number can get higher. Fearsome Shadow isn't the best attack, but it's nice to have in those situations where mind jack won't do enough.

It's not amazing on it's own, but when you consider how supported it is, it can fit into a number of decks.

10/10 for being like my favorite card to use in darkrai, it works so so so well and makes klinklang matchup not as awful

I love this card when I play speed Darkrai! Usually, the goal in speed Darkrai decks is to set up Darkrai first but I prefer setting this up. I can usually cause 60-80 damage with it's attack alone first or second turn but with Hypnotoxic Laser, Virbank City Gym and Dark Claw in my deck, I'm usually lucky enough to do 110-130 first or second turn with this Absol!

This card is amazing. It DOES NOT NEED Darkrai. Trust me! I use 1 copy of this in my TDK deck. It works PERFECTLY in that deck! 1 Prism, 1 Colress Machine to put on a Plasma Energy and it's all ready to attack! This is the very card that I used to put a stop to a lady at my store who was abusing her Mewtwo with Plasma Badge/Deoxys Deck. She knocked out my Kyurem, so I put down this bad boy. Mewtwo already had a fair bit of Damage Counters on it and we were down to my last move in the Tourney when they called "time" The prize count was even. I Planted a Prism and Colress Machined a Plasma Energy onto this guy and then with her nice full bench and my few Deoxys, I knocked Mewtwo into oblivion! This card is insanely good! Your opponent's are about 99% of the time gonna have a full bench. So you can plant this bad boy into your active position and then count your opponent's nice juicy full bench. And go Mind Jack 20, 40, 60, 80, 100, 120 + 30 more for 3 Deoxys on your own bench, so 150. Have your Bank our and drop a laser 150 + 30 more. 180 massive damage for only 2 Energy that you quickly charged up! So see ya EXs!

People just go, oh yeah, this card is great in Darkrai. It's great in other decks too. It's a Plasma Pokémon, so it takes advantage of the Plasma Engine. So it benefits from Colress Machine and Deoxys!

The only downfall to this card is its HP and maybe it's weakness being fighting. But that's what Kyurem is for. Taking care of those pesky Landorus and at the same time, win the war of prizes, considering Landorus being KO'd is 2 prizes, vs. Kyurem is only 1. But on the plus side of things, this card is a 1 prize KO too. So this card's got a LOT going for it!

10/10 for how awesome and useful this amazing card is!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back