Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

2013-2014 Modified Format?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShinAkuma

So anyone have any idea (official or rumors) what sets will be rotated out for the 13-14 year? I'm trying to decide what I would need to buy to stay current for the next modified rotation. JW Thanks!:thumb:

Last year the announcement was made on June 15, so hopefully the announcement will be made either today or Monday. And hopefully that announcement will include the date the current season will end. (Last year the season ended one week after US Nationals, and there has already been an announcement that this year's World Championship will take place during the 2014 season.)

Last year the announcement was made on June 15, so hopefully the announcement will be made either today or Monday. And hopefully that announcement will include the date the current season will end. (Last year the season ended one week after US Nationals, and there has already been an announcement that this year's World Championship will take place during the 2014 season.)
With the 2013 ages kept I presume?

So would the posting of the format change be on the pokemon tcg website or on the gym or what? I'm tired of waiting, ugh! Heh heh

I highly doubt that they'll rotate anything before the 3rd or 4th Pokemon X & Y set, like they've done with previous formats. I will resent Pokemon for the rest of my life if they were to rotate anything out before the 3rd or 4th Pokemon X & Y set as the format is very balanced at the moment and the rotation of any sets would completely screw up the format. Pokemon TCG will become just as bad as Yu-Gi-Oh if they were to do the rotations people are suggesting.

Hearing people talk about rotating out Dark Explorers and before, just feels like they're killing off so much good in the format.

Plus we could say goodbye to N. We all love N.

I just can't see Pokemon without Darkrai tbh.. Too soon.

Expecting a NXD-On rotation (which pretty much only eliminates Eelektrik and Klinklang as everything else that is being used a lot right now has been reprinted), but could easily see it being a DRX-On format as well if they want to get rid of Catcher. Mewtwo and Darkrai would probably both still be legal thanks to the promos (released after DRX so they may not be rotated, never know though). Could just as easily see no rotation as it is kinda unnecessary with all the reprints.

Surprised we haven't heard anything yet though.

Surprised we haven't heard anything yet though.

That might be because rotating is FAN-FICTION and most probably, won't happen. At the moment, you're sort of a weatherman with ludicrous ideas and absolutely nothing to back it or you up. I know this is a discussion form where you can state your ideas but it might be better for everyone if you kept your horribly grim speculation to yourself (you could say the same about me now since I've just posted this).

There is one thing to take in account. What set will come after Plasma Blast ?

In Japan the next set is "Boost EX" and is more or less composed only of reprints from BW sets. For example Tornadus EX Dark Explorers is reprint in this set. There is still a N with a different artwork that we miss in the english sets and catcher was reprint in Japan too. If Boost EX is our next set, a rotation is almost useless...

But maybe TPCi might scoop this set and have Pokemon x y released at the same time as the Japanese set. In that case a heavy cut might make sense. Maybe like the video game we might see tcg sets released at the same time.

The other thing possible thing is a set rotation in the middle of the season. If the new mechanics are too different from the bw sets, they might consider cutting all bw sets after the release of few pokemon xy sets.

Battle Boost isn't just a reprint set of BW sets. It's a reprint set of Next Destinies (well, its Japanese equivalent) onwards, plus a reasonable amount of new cards. Which I feel points towards a Next Destinies-on format for us... I get the feeling they're going to ATTEMPT to synchronize releases (and eventually likely abandon that a couple of sets in) and we'll get the new cards from Battle Boost and maybe some earlier cards in the set after. (Quite possibly XY1.) Or, we'll get some sort of extra set made up of Exciting Battles/Shiny Collection/Battle Boost new cards. Or, they're trolling us and we won't get synchronized sets and they will make a set similar to the one in the previous point as our next set. (Plus likely some reprints.)

But that's off-topic. Odds are, it'll be Next Destinies-on. (And if not, no rotation, probably followed by a harsh one in six months, but NXD-on is much more likely.)

...Surprised we haven't heard anything yet though.
So am I. We are past the date when the rotation was announced in the past two years. Let's certainly hope they at least make the announcement before US Nationals; some players like to take their bulk rotated cards to sell to the dealers there.

That might be because rotating is FAN-FICTION and most probably, won't happen. At the moment, you're sort of a weatherman with ludicrous ideas and absolutely nothing to back it or you up. I know this is a discussion form where you can state your ideas but it might be better for everyone if you kept your horribly grim speculation to yourself (you could say the same about me now since I've just posted this).

Alright, really? One time in the ENTIRE history of this game since Nintendo took over has there been no rotation. There is no precedent whatsoever for saying there will not be a rotation, while there's fairly strong reason to believe there will be one. You have absolutely no right to tell anyone their ideas are "ludicrous" when you're the one suggesting something out of the norm.

Last edited:
Alright, really? One time in the ENTIRE history of this game since Nintendo took over has there been rotation. There is no precedent whatsoever for saying there will not be a rotation, while there's fairly strong reason to believe there will be one. You have absolutely no right to tell anyone their ideas are "ludicrous" when you're the one suggesting something out of the norm.

Even before Nintendo took over the premier tournament format under WOTC had a regular rotation.

Alright, really? One time in the ENTIRE history of this game since Nintendo took over has there been rotation. There is no precedent whatsoever for saying there will not be a rotation, while there's fairly strong reason to believe there will be one. You have absolutely no right to tell anyone their ideas are "ludicrous" when you're the one suggesting something out of the norm.

If I may, I believe there was one year that there was no rotation.. I think it was in the D&P block.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back