Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

2013 International Challenge (VGC / Wi-Fi)

EeveeLover

Member Services Administrator
[GAL=53988] 2013 International Challenge [/GAL]​

http://www.pokemon.com/us/pokemon-news/pgl_2013_intl_chall_jan_announce-2013-01-10/

A new Global Battle Union tournament is about to begin. Register at the Pokémon Global Link soon!

Start training for a new GBU tournament! Compete in the 2013 International Challenge January tournament from January 25–28. Registration opens January 17. This Wi-Fi Competition includes players from across the globe, so you can test your team against the best!

The 2013 International Challenge January features Double Battles, where all Pokémon over Lv. 50 are automatically reduced to Lv. 50 while participating. It is open to nearly every Pokémon in the National Pokédex, so check the rules to see which Pokémon are eligible before registering. Trainers who played in the 2012 VGCS Winter Battle should be familiar with most of the rules.

All you need is Pokémon Black Version 2 or Pokémon White Version 2 and a Pokémon Trainer Club account. Remember to register your Game Sync ID at the PGL before registering for the tournament.

Keep checking Pokemon.com and the Pokémon Global Link for more info on the 2013 International Challenge January!

Here is the link to the 2013 VGC Rules and Format information.... http://assets2.pokemon.com/assets/cms/pdf/op/tournaments/2013/Play_Pokemon_VG_Rules_and_Formats.pdf

Last edited:
so....I signed up for this, but I have no idea how it works. will my opponent and I have a set time to play against one another? Will there be a dual countdown or something? this things seems like a logistical nightmare. help! :^)

It's a ladder competition. Once it starts, you select the Battle Competition option on the title screen and go to the WiFi Competition. It will randomly pair you up with another opponent in the competition and you just keep battling to get as high a rank as possible before the end of the competition.

Interesting. So...I need to be ready at the start and how much time should I allocate to this if I'm gonna play it through? any idea?

thanks!

---------- Post added 01/21/2013 at 02:16 PM ----------

00:00 UTC, Friday, January 25, 2013, through
23:59 UTC, Monday, January 28, 2013

I guess you play as much or as little as you want?

Interesting. So...I need to be ready at the start and how much time should I allocate to this if I'm gonna play it through? any idea?

thanks!

---------- Post added 01/21/2013 at 02:16 PM ----------

00:00 UTC, Friday, January 25, 2013, through
23:59 UTC, Monday, January 28, 2013

I guess you play as much or as little as you want?

Pretty much, though more playing and wins will get you a better ranking obviously.

Searched for this answer but couldn't find it.

I'm new to the DS game. I have to register a battle box. these are the pokemon I'm going to use for the tournament. Is it similar to the dream world that once I put them in the battle box I cannot use them for my game?

In other words, they cannot be simultaneously in the "battle box" and being used in the regular game play.

is that correct?

thanks!!!

ken

Searched for this answer but couldn't find it.

I'm new to the DS game. I have to register a battle box. these are the pokemon I'm going to use for the tournament. Is it similar to the dream world that once I put them in the battle box I cannot use them for my game?

In other words, they cannot be simultaneously in the "battle box" and being used in the regular game play.

is that correct?

thanks!!!

ken

That is correct, once they're in the Battle Box and you've registered, you can't move them or use them in say the Subway or PWT until the competition is over and/or you cancel participation. But up till you finalize what ones you want to use, you can move them freely from your normal PC to Battle Box and such.

So I am trying to play and it is trying to register my battlebox but I keep getting the error "The conditions for the tournament have not been met."

I am already registered.

I have no illegal pokemon or items. (Electabuzz, Metagross, Empoleon, Flygon, Sneasel, Terrakion)

Did I have to register the battle box before the tournament started?

Any thoughts or help is greatly appreciated!

thanks!

ken

So I am trying to play and it is trying to register my battlebox but I keep getting the error "The conditions for the tournament have not been met."

I am already registered.

I have no illegal pokemon or items. (Electabuzz, Metagross, Empoleon, Flygon, Sneasel, Terrakion)

Did I have to register the battle box before the tournament started?

Any thoughts or help is greatly appreciated!

thanks!

ken

Check your check the moveset there are some banned moves (sky drop) and also make sure your items have different names. and to your second question No you do not register the box at any time then play

found out my problem. I was holding two shell bells. DOH!!!! thanks! Ken

---------- Post added 01/25/2013 at 05:08 PM ----------

and boy do I suck! good night! I have a LOT to learn!

Help please!

I've joined the 2013 international challenge january n I've played 10 matches, but recently, when i wanted to battle, the screen just keeps showing 'Searching for your opponent..." with the circle loading icon moving. It's connected to the internet for that i m sure. but it just wont give me an opponent after a few hours. Well, i didn hack or what, all my pokemons are legal. What is the reason i didn get an opponent to battle?

I've joined the 2013 international challenge january n I've played 10 matches, but recently, when i wanted to battle, the screen just keeps showing 'Searching for your opponent..." with the circle loading icon moving. It's connected to the internet for that i m sure. but it just wont give me an opponent after a few hours. Well, i didn hack or what, all my pokemons are legal. What is the reason i didn get an opponent to battle?

Hit B until you're out of the tournament screen and disconnect from the Nintendo WiFi Connection. Re-connect and try again. It just does that sometimes.

Well, that sucked... Missed out due to a few factors in a row. Had like no sleep the Thursday, so couldn't play Friday. (My internet is also really bad during the day.) I was out all day Saturday, and caught up on the remainder of my sleep when I got back because I was so tired... Was out for half of Sunday, left it for a few hours after I got back because the internet wasn't going well enough, and then my power went out until a couple of hours ago. >.>

Back