Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

2014 Season Travel Stipends

Status
Not open for further replies.

Benjineer

I saw this on the Pokemon.com 2014 season page:

Also new for 2014, U.S. National Championships Travel Awards and Travel Stipends will now be awarded to the top TCG performers in the season’s Championship Point rankings. Travel Awards and Travel Stipends will be awarded as follows, based on Championship Point rankings at the end of Spring Regionals:

1st–16th: Travel Award and a $300 Travel Stipend

17th–30th: $750 Travel Stipend

31st–60th: $500 Travel Stipend

61st–100th: $300 Travel Stipend

Does this mean that the top one hundred in each age division? and is it just in the US or worldwide?
Couldn't really understand this so I was hoping you guys could shed some light on it.

I'd imagine this would be limited to North America, although it's possible they'd limit it to the US.

If I remember correctly, this is only for the Masters division (since we pay entry fees now), and only in the US.

I could be wrong, though.

Top 100 is each age division (separately) and for U.S. and Canada only. These are *not* separated. If a Canadian is 45th, they will earn the corresponding stipend to Canadian Nationals (TCG), not a travel award for being the #1 rated Canadian in the list.

Thank you,
Prof_Dav

Top 100 is each age division (separately) and for U.S. and Canada only. These are *not* separated. If a Canadian is 45th, they will earn the corresponding stipend to Canadian Nationals (TCG), not a travel award for being the #1 rated Canadian in the list.

Thank you,
Prof_Dav

Just for further clarification, are these prizes going to be awarded to players in the US and Canada in the top 100 in points including the rest of the world in reckoning for the points? For example, say that there's 50 non American/Canadians in the top 100. Will those prizes pass down to the next 50 in the list who are American/Canadian?

Just for further clarification, are these prizes going to be awarded to players in the US and Canada in the top 100 in points including the rest of the world in reckoning for the points? For example, say that there's 50 non American/Canadians in the top 100. Will those prizes pass down to the next 50 in the list who are American/Canadian?

I assume when they run the report after Spring Regionals, they'll limit it to only look at Americans and Canadians.

Akimbo, the travel award is simply that. You get X dollars. That is "suppost" to be used to supplement flight and hotel. There is no paid invite for Nationals this season for North America

*EDIT - The top 16 point earners do receive a paid trip. Thanks Raen for correcting me

Last edited:
Akimbo, the travel award is simply that. You get X dollars. That is "suppost" to be used to supplement flight and hotel. There is no paid invite for Nationals this season for North America
Not true. Top 16 gets a paid trip AND a travel award.

oops, my bad, I did indeed miss that. I did mean for general events, like how last year, Regional winners got them. Thanks for correcting me!

But to repeat Akimbo's question, is this just a free flight, or a free flight and hotel? And does anyone know how long the free flights give you? (as in, when would you arrive and when would you depart)

In past usage, "Travel Award" - means they take care of travel and accommodations. "Travel Stipend" - means money to reimburse (some of) your travel expenses. I'm certainly not in a position to promise that this has not changed, but they are using the same terminology... When my son received a "Travel Award" a few years ago, I know that their flight back home was on Monday. I think the flight in arrived on Thursday morning, but I'm not 100% sure I remember correctly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back