Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

2nd @ Nashville, TN BRS with Chewy Skittles

ChaosKnuckles

So I arive at TNLG(at their new location in the Rivergate Mall) still in shock that my parents let me go to this being on Fathers Day. Having not played my deck in a couple of days. I was worried about my Garchomp deck's consistency. I was deciding between Garchomp and some mest up Empoleon I'd make at the last second. I chose Garchomp even though my Crystal Beach's haven't arived in the mail yet. I replaced them with Windstorm(which was actually a good thing since every one played it). And dropped some energy to increase my Celoi's/Bebe's count to 6(thias was a really good decision as it helped my consistency alot). So here's my decklist:

Chewy Skittles(as named by Taylor)

Pokemon(23)

4x Pachi(GE)

3x Gible
2x Gabite
3x Garchomp
1x Chomp Lv.X

2x Togepi
1x Togetic
2x Togekiss

2x Baltoy
2x Clatdol

1x Ho-oh(SW)

Trainers(21)
3x Celio's
3x Bebe's
3x TVR
1x Steven's
4x Rare Candy
2x Winstorm
2x NM
2x Roseanna's
1x TGW

Energy(16)
4x Psychic
4x Lightning
2x Water
2x Dark(Basic)
1x Metal(Basic)
1x Fire
1x Grass
1x Fighting

So there are only 6 people in SRs. Which is kind of good cause you know what every one is playing, which was as follows:

Chewy Skittles
TogeChomp
Banette/Scizor
Rock Band
Hurricane
Empolstar

So its 3 rounds of Swiss with a Top 2 cut.

Round 1

Chewy Skittles vs Banette/Scizor

He was at a real disadvantage as I could 1HKO his pokemon while he could only 2HKO mine. I try to do some kind of donk but can't get enough energys with Togekiss. Eventually he has some Banette's going while I have a Ho-oh and a Garchomp loaded. I'm really glad I played windstorm now. I discard his Cessation with Winstorm. KO with Ho-oh he answers back with Banette to KO my damaged Ho-oh. Pheonix turn, tails:(. Bring up my Garchomp and 1HKO his Banette. Brings up an unloaded Banette and attachs Cessation and Scramble. Too bad we're tied in prizes 3-3. Retreat to Pachi and Smash shot. After that I sweep with Garchomp FTW.
1-0

My confidence was really rased with the fact that my Garchomp deck worked.

Round 2

Chewy Skittles vs TogeChomp.

Yay Mirror! I start with Pachi to his Togepi. He has a really bad hand. I get going and he dose too even with the togepi start. We start to exchange prizes. THe he decides to play Chomp Lv.X. Then plays NM to return his only Garchomp in the discard pile to his deck!? I get the upper hand after 1HKOing his Lv.X. I get him into an unwinnable position. GG THings probably would have been different if had restored instead.
2-0

I was getting pretty excited because I was going to face Hurricane next. Itought it was an auto win. I was very wrong.

Round 3

Chewy Skittles vs Hurricane

This was a very hard match as both decks focused on 1HKOs. I tried to do a 1HT1KOFTW. But once again didn't get the energhy needed with Togekiss. I start to recover but its hard since I have only one more Togekiss. He gets to far ahead in prizes for me to come back. Good Game. I completely underestimated this deck.
2-1

I still somehow made it into Top 2.

Top 2, est 2 out of 3

Chewy Skittles vs Hurricane(sgain)

Game 1

I get my Chomps going while h gets his Gatrs going. But luck turns on him and he can't get the energys he needs(random judge shuffles FTW)
1-0

Game 2
I try to do another T1W but once again can't get the energy with Togekiss(3rd time). I can't keep up with the 1Hkos and he pulls away.
1-1

Game 3
I get a really fast Garchomp and start ripping through every thing he sends at me. Soon its 1-4(maybe it was 3 can't remamber) in prizers with me haveing 1. He gets his Gatrs going with the 1HKOs and I can't keep up. Before I know it its 1-2 on prizes. I pass. Time is called his turn and gets the KO:(. I can't get anything going and lose. If only time was called on my turn.
1-2

So I get 2nd but its cool since I get another Chomp Lv.X out of my prize packs. Anyways it was a great Tournament. People watch out Garchomp will be a very good contender at nats. On to Props and Slops:

Props:
Garchomp
Togekiss
Insane luck with a Pachi start every match.
pulling Chomp Lv.X
Chewy Skittles
Taylor for the wsweet deck name
A very well organized Tornament
getting 2nd

Slops:
Hurricane
Bad serene Graces
not getting first

Thanks for reading.

so, the deck went 2-3? (Game count)

What would you change to improved upon that, or did you just have a bad 'cane matchup!

Good report!

Vince

^ Actually it was 3-3. I would have removed Ho-oh for another energy and would have tried to fit in another 1-0-1 Togekiss line. I used both of my Togekiss in every game except for the first match vs Banette/Scizor.

In the tournament section, sig's don't appear, so don't worry about it.

Last edited:
Back