Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

2nd place Des Plaines BR Report

espeon1

So, I went to the Des Plaines, IL Battle Road yesterday, so I decided to write this while I still remembered it. I played Dialgachomp with NO WARP ENERGY BTW.

Woke up about 6:30 then went to dad's house for ride. Played COD with friend Jay before we leave :D

Had computer difficulties before the beginning of tournament so it doesn't start til like an hour after the scheduled time.

Round 1: Leo K./ Randoms?
Quick game, I start with hand of Garchomp DCE, E gain Garchomp C X. Not too much else to say. The match was over in 2 turns. I felt bad about beating a new player that badly.

1-0

Round 2: Aislinn? Dunno lol/Theme Deck
Another new player, and I got paired down >.< Same as game 1 except I went 2nd and got turn 1 Earthquake KO with garchomp, then Chomp X next turn.

2-0

Lunch between rounds. Had to make it quick because it wasn't a scheduled lunch break. Got Potbelly and brought it back.

Round 3: Ben M./ Luxchomp
Ben's a friend from league, so it was a pretty fun game in the beginning. I had a turn 1 Deafen lock and began the Cyrus chain since I went second. I kept tanking hits with special Metals and Crobatting/second striking to KO things til I got Dialga G X out. He uses luxray and manages to get it to 10 HP left, but I have another Dialga waiting on the bench, I Galactic Switch a Special Metal over to it since it already had a regular one, then Poketurn Active and attach a DCE and level up the Dialga I just sent up. Managed to get Expert Belt on it and just kept the damage on it low while KOing everything. I won the game with a warp point.

3-0

Round 4: Tommy M./ Luxchomp with Blaziken D:
He's another friend from league and we were both going to make it to top cut so the match was pretty chill. Long story short, I snipe blazikens with Garchomp, but then run out of energy and he levels it up, retreats onto bench and I can't KO it and my Dialgas are never safe. He snipes/bright looks things for his prizes.

3-1

Top 2 Tommy M. again
Game 1
This one was probably the best game of the day. I got garchomp out quick and actually managed to snipe his blazikens quickly, then he aaron's them back and tries killing me with them again. I Tail Code the fire energies onto a uxie or something so he can't galactic switch back, and he retreats or poketurns and sends up luxray. I snipe some more, he bright looks my bronzong and tries stalling, then I poketurn it and get more energies on garchomp to dragon rush more. Goes down to I think 2-1 prizes before I run out of energies and get my ambipom killed D:

Game 2
This game was hilarious because I knew I was gonna lose and the juniors kept calling the judge Carrot because he had red hair XD He garchomps everything quick and I just can't keep up with it at all. I feel good though, because I was the one who told Tommy the night before to put Blaziken in the deck instead of Dialga. Reverse psychology didn't work.

So I get 2nd place, not bad for my first tournament of the season :D Probably going to be my only Fall BR this year though, my dad has something to do next weekend so might not make it to Lockport.

Props
"Carrot" the judge
Camille and all the other judges who ran it
2nd place!
won 2 of the raffles!
3-1 in swiss
Garchomp for being generally amazing

Slops
Blaziken in Luxchomp
Reverse Psychology fail
Computer issues
Probably no lockport this weekend
$5 for a potbelly sandwich which wasn't even that good

Thanks for coming, we're going to try and keep having great events for you guys at the library

-Adam

Congrats to you Nathan for your 2nd Place! And glad you had a good time despite our late start. You looked like you guys were having fun that last match lol Well, maybe you can make it to Rockford's BR?

Awesome job Nate! Congrats on taking 2nd! Too bad I couldn't make it, but I'm glad to see that you had a fun time, and you are indeed a good player with DialgaChomp too!:smile:

Yep, good report! Keep up the good work!:thumb:

Last edited:
Yeah, I'm getting a ride to Rockford tomorrow morning with Tommy :D

Yeah, stinks you couldn't make it though JPN, it'll be you me tommy and crark in top 4 tomorrow though :p

I dunno, you're treading into Jeremiah W.'s territory. He was pretty good in Juniors, lets see how he keeps up with you guys now! See you there.

Back