Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

3 stage 2 's in a deck? a concept

yuki_potsd

Im trying to find a way to play 3 stage 2's in a deck. the deck doesnt matter atm. i need help making this consistent.

ok let me re-state the question.

Suppose in playing flychamp. I want tech nidoqueen. suppose this is my list (dear {insert holy figure} so help me if someone complains about my list -.-.... THIS IS AN EXAMPLE!)

4-2-3-1 flygon
2-1-2-1 machamp
1-1 claydol
1 azelf
1 relicanth
1 uxie

what should i do to add nidoqueen or what are then numbers for a 3rd tech line? should i play 1-0-1 nidoqueen or 2-1-1? or it the whole thing just gonna end up clunky?

Last edited:
What are the 3 stage 2s?

Pokemon:

4-3-4 Blastoise
2-2 Catty
1 Dialga PT
3 Spiritomb
2-1 Uxie X

Dialga isn't that great, and usually a 1-1 Palkia G helps, as well as a 2-2 Claydol.

Either way, valid point that Blastcatty has no need for 3 Stage 2s. I think a better example would be Flychamp with a Dusknoir tech.

So what exactly is the question?

ok let me re-state the question.

Suppose in playing flychamp. I want tech nidoqueen. suppose this is my list (dear {insert holy figure} so help me if someone complains about my list -.-.... THIS IS AN EXAMPLE!)

4-2-3-1 flygon
2-1-2-1 machamp
1-1 claydol
1 azelf
1 relicanth
1 uxie

what should i do to add nido queen or what are then numbers for a 3rd tech line? should i play 1-0-1 nidoqueen or 2-1-1? or it the whole thing just gonna end up clunky?

It is going to end up clunky no matter what (since 3 stage 2's is a lot to run), but here is a little help:

3-2-3-1 Flygon
2-1-2-1 Machamp
1-0-1 Nidoqueen
2-2 Claydol
1 Azelf
1 Uxie
1 Relicanth

Hope this helps.

It's not IMPOSSIBLE for 3 Stage 2s to work as long as one of them is a semi-optional tech (like putting Queen or Noir in Flychamp). The deck doesn't NEED the Queen or Noir to work properly, but if you can get it out, it's good.

Flygon is probably the best one to work with cos of it's Body and Colourless Energy needs.

You could go 1-0-1 or 1-1-1 . . . it all depends. If you use Tomb and/or BTS, then 1-1-1 might be better. If your opponents are running Tomb and/or BTS then 1-1-1 is definitely better.

I would probably want to run 2-2 or even 3-3 Claydol though, just to try and get some more consistency back into the deck to make up for the clunkiness issue.

It is going to end up clunky no matter what (since 3 stage 2's is a lot to run), but here is a little help:

3-2-3-1 Flygon
2-1-2-1 Machamp
1-0-1 Nidoqueen
2-2 Claydol
1 Azelf
1 Uxie
1 Relicanth

Hope this helps.

Seconded. This is a typical way to run this type of list. The reason that Flychamp is less clunky than other decks with multiple stage 2s is that it can survive without having the other 2 out (Flygon, Machamp, and Queen are all self-sufficient).

If you're looking to make a stage 2 deck that you need everything in play to get the combo off (e.g. Sceptile, Torterra, and Butterfree or something else random like that), it will most likely perform worse than expected.

Currently, Flygon seems to be one of the few decks that can support as many evolved Pokemon as it can. Even with this, you can still open up a hand to see it full of noncompatible basics/stage 1s/2s and wind up completely draw-screwed.

hmmm ok, thanks! well i want to still test alittle. how about trainers? Im guessing 4 candies is a must, but how about BTS? should i play more cards that fish out other pokemon (collectors, communication, bebe, ect.) or should i just run my list as usual?

I used Flygon Machamp Nidoqueen Dusknoir and won states with it, its possible if your list is consistant enough

2121 Gon
32211 Champ
33 Dol
101 Dusk
101 Queen
1 Azelf
1 Unown G
1 Chatot/Tomb

Something like this. 1 Line is probably enough I just wanted to try it but it worked out ok. Thing is that Queen/Dusk wins games on its own.

It's not IMPOSSIBLE for 3 Stage 2s to work as long as one of them is a semi-optional tech (like putting Queen or Noir in Flychamp). The deck doesn't NEED the Queen or Noir to work properly, but if you can get it out, it's good.

Flygon is probably the best one to work with cos of it's Body and Colourless Energy needs.

You could go 1-0-1 or 1-1-1 . . . it all depends. If you use Tomb and/or BTS, then 1-1-1 might be better. If your opponents are running Tomb and/or BTS then 1-1-1 is definitely better.

I would probably want to run 2-2 or even 3-3 Claydol though, just to try and get some more consistency back into the deck to make up for the clunkiness issue.

Rock-Lock anybody?

Usually it's possible with a 1-0-1 tech of a card.

Dusknoir or Nidoqueen usually fits this bill.

Look at Five God Dragon (Flygon Gardevoir Dusknoir) for a great example of this.

Back