Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

4-4-4 line, 4 Candy, 4 BTS in speed deck?

Renzo

Will it work or will it slow down the deck too much?

For example:

4-4-4 Rampardos
4 Rare Candy
4 BTS

I'm thinking of increasing the odds of getting a T1/2 donk.

in rampardos and machamp it could work... i don't think anything else though, it can work for T1 donk but after that....

It is a good option, and it does not limit deck space much at all. Most decks would otherwise run a 4-2-4 line of the main attacker, and a couple stadiums. Drop the stadiums for BTS, and find room for two more, then find room for a 3rd of the stage one (four is not necessary). So really, that's only three deck slots that require one to go out of their way, and heck some lists can get away with only three BTS.

The thing is that i've found that the cards just clutter up your hand. If you play like 4 felicities then it might be better because these days in most decsk exept for g decks you play only like 2 stadiums 3 at the most unless they also play bts so you only use like 2 or 3 of them and also the candies fill your hand. It will aslo slow down your speed because after like 2 uxie drops your hand if filled with useless cards.

Will it work or will it slow down the deck too much?

For example:

4-4-4 Rampardos
4 Rare Candy
4 BTS

I'm thinking of increasing the odds of getting a T1/2 donk.

Hard to say. Depending on your engine, this might work. If you run a secondary line or a Claydol draw, I have some ideas for you, but if it's just a straight donk deck, this looks like it could work. Try it out.

This is actually for my sister's Rampardos deck. I'm trying a 4-3-4 Dos 4-4 Candy/BTS line with 4 Life Herb and 3 Scoops for late game survivability. It's doing OK, but it's losing to my Gallade 4 RR deck. She only plays 1 Uxie since cost is a factor.

The thing is that i've found that the cards just clutter up your hand. If you play like 4 felicities then it might be better because these days in most decsk exept for g decks you play only like 2 stadiums 3 at the most unless they also play bts so you only use like 2 or 3 of them and also the candies fill your hand. It will aslo slow down your speed because after like 2 uxie drops your hand if filled with useless cards.

I'm confused.. You are saying that your main attacker's line clutters up your hand? The only card mentioned earlier that could clutter the hand is Broken Time Space, which will be played immediately once it enters the hand. Afterwards, sure it could be a dead draw (outside of being a counter stadium), but that's only three cards. Drawing a hand full of dead cards because of three slots? Perhaps even less if you had placed Broken Time Space on the bottom with Cosmic.

The thing with both 4 BTS and 4 Candy is to increase the odds of T1/2 donk and speed up swarming and stuffs.

In decks where I play 4 BTS, I lower the Candies to 3. In Beedrill even, I found that Candy took up SOOO much clutter.

I play Kingdra and I play 4-2-4, 4 Candy, and 4 BTS. It gets me at least T2 Kingdra consistintly. Oh, and NO clutter ever!

This is JMO, but in Rampardos I think that'd be a bit of overkill. In other decks, maybe not. But since the deck is invested in usually just one attacker, I personally like to run high TSD/Night Maintenance/Rescue counts (3 TSD for me). Then end game you don't run out of steam, and your candies actually become useful. Yeah there's some clutter room, but you have plenty of discarding material for like Kingdra or if you play Felicity's (Which I think is great in these decks, best actual draw Supporter in the format especially with so much Power lockage).

I also love SSU's with these builds. Most of these decks only need 1 or 2 energy to attack, so you can scoop it up and just lay it back down instantly with BTS out. Also doubles for reusing Claydols (With BTS), Uxies, etc. I think Uxies are almost mandatory here, 2-1 line minimum to keep your hand going after it starts to clutter, and the Lv. X also helps Uxie starts so much.

The player going first cannot play trainer/supporter/stadium cards.
The player going second can ( while that actually is his/her first turn).

In decks where I play 4 BTS, I lower the Candies to 3. In Beedrill even, I found that Candy took up SOOO much clutter.

There's a guy who Plays Before he speaks...

You're right YoYo... 4 Canies + 4 Stdiums can lead to BAD starting hand and cluttered up midgame draws problems.

Back