Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

4th at Canadian Nats with DiChomp!

Lucario-Master

Hey, its me kevin G or lucario-master and i came 4th in seniors at nats

Week before
I had seen what had won at US nats and I didn't like what happened,
In seniors luxchomp won but that wasn't my problem, it was that it had ERL,this ment alot of people would know that the tech was good and i would have to watch for that in luxchomps, In Masters sablock won and i hated that deck, its a disruptive deck and it was hard to counter, at least i still felt that it wasn't consistent.
I knew the 2 decks would be played more because of there wins and i would have to feel good with the matchups
I made a kingdra/machamp/dusknoir but it felt clunky and i didn't like the luxchomp matchup still,
I still had the deck made when i got to nats (2 days before the event) but built dialga/garchomp because i had always liked the deck and seeing pooka make T4 with it made me know it still can be good.
I went like 11-0 with testing and then lost with a 6 energy hand and then again cuz of a stupid misplay with lack of sleep, but that was with jacob who i know is one of the best players in canada.
I go with dialga/garchomp even if i hanv't tested it too much and people say its a hard deck to play. I didn't feel like it was too hard but just all the matchups are around 50-50 so i cant make misplays.

Round 1/Round 2
I had 2 byes for winning regs and i just chilled with jacob, having the byes are good but it was boring and watching people play made we want to play even more.

Round 3 Michael L (luxchomp/ERL)
I had a ok start with gachomp and i almost got a T1 deafen but wiffed off uxie, next turn i search my deck and see the worse thing ever...nothing, ALL my crusial cards are prized Dialga/X garchomp/X cyrus and AZELF, so i have bad prizes and no way to get to them to see what ill get but at least whatever i pull from prizes will hopefully be good. I get down 2-3 prizes but thats how my deck works in luxchomp matchup, i see that all he has is his active garchompX so his hand is weak, i KO it and then take another pizes off sniping something i think, then another, he gets another garchomp and i should have taken it out but i had streached my self too far trying to capitalize of his weak hand, he sniped my bench garchomp, and he he has 1 prize left, i once again could not kill it but he has a 3 card hand and he needs a energy to get the win but alot of his energy are in his discard and he didn't look like he had any in hand cuz of missed attachments, i deafen getting ready for the Ko next turn and that would give me a good shot at winning but he top decked his cyrus to get the energy and that was GG, i really beleave i would had the game if i was able to do more early but my prizes sucked
2-1

Round 4 Matthew C Donphan/houndoom
I really want to win this because i lost to him in T8 at least years nats do to not getting an energy in game
He starts with mime and passes, he dosn't seem to have much after a turn and i deafen him, he gets claydol T3 but its sprayed and rushed the next turn, after that he gets houndoom but is once again rushed before it can take out my dialga, he gets a donphan and dose 60 i retreat lv up my other garchomp heal and pass, once again he attack and once again i retreat lv up and heal i do this for 2 more turns because i cant get any energy with claydol, when i do i 2 shot his donphan that he belted with dialga, he gets a houndoom but i have a special metal and he cant add 10 so he dose 110, i warp and lv up garchomp and heal(this may be wrong but i cant remember) and bring up dialga and Ko it, he brings up another houndoom try to uxie, sprayed and then dose 110 i attack another metal and KO for game GG
3-1

Round 5 Cowboy kid burny deck
I see this kid in a cowboy outfit is 3-1 but he said his only loss was because he came late so he's really 3-0, but when he flips burny over im trying to think what good deck he could have or has he just played noobs or something, i start with bronzong and call for stuff he just cynthias feelings to 4 and passes, i look at my hand and was about to set up a deafen but then see i can attack the metal and gain to bronzong and do 40 for ko and game, after the game people asked me how i donked and when i said bronzong everyone lold, but GG man.

Round 6 Chris luxchomp
I T1 deafen his dialga and he puts lightining on luxray and passes, i attack lv up and crobat garchomp and ko it, he brings up luxray, lv up and brings up my baltoy for KO, i promocroak it, he brings up crobat and plays a lightining on luxray and pass's, i turn the croak and bring up dialga attack and KO crobat, Im thinking that he's gonna make some epic play now with a big hand but he brings up luxray and pass, im like waa!?!? and i dont have much so i just do 60, he just pass, i ko it and after that he had nothing, and i sweep
5-1

T8 is this
1Winston with AMUPlox
2Me with DiChomp
3Jacob with luxchomp
4Michael with luxchomp
5IDK with kindgra
6Shawn with luxchomp
7Kingsly with luxchomp
8Alex with gyara

T8 Kingsly
Game 1 I get an ok start but he gets a 2 prizes lead, its fine because after that i started making a comeback like i usually do in this matchup, i forget whatever happened because the luxchomp matchup really just go'se something like deafen/rush/ambipom,promocroak dialga tank and or more rush, not in order but the matchup requires me to think fast because luxchomp can do some many different things that im trying to cover everything he can do but its hard but possible. All i remember is that in the end he ERLs to make us go to sudden death
Sudden death
I T1 deafen his lucario GL ,he retreats to garchomp and dose 50, i turn and deafen with other dialga, he turns and brings up uxie, i deafen, he turns and brings garchomp, i deafen, he DCE's and dose 50 i crobat and secound strike for game. GG
game 1 and sudden death took over an hour so i was the winner of T8
Yay! worlds invite and i know im going but i wanna win so T4 now

T4 Michael Luxchomp
Game 1
The same a game 1 with kingsly and ill update it if michael remembers
But once again michael has nothing at the end and after he draws his card he plays every card in its hand to get an ERL out and bring it sudden death AGAIN!
Sudden Death
I start with chatot and he starts with luxray, i have a really bad hand fully of random energy and garchomp X i mimic and hope he dosn't have it.....He dose
GAME 2
In swiss and top 4 he always played slow even when he was behind but he played even slower in game 2, i knew this would happen and i didn't get the donk so it was over.

It was a good nats and im happy to get a nats invite this time instead of having to grind in again.

Props
Pooka
Garchomp
Dialga
Jack for 3-0 dropping for rank invite and saying he went undefeated lol
Good event and good judges
Everyone
Alot of stuff i cant remember now but ill try to update

Slops
Luxchomp for being soo easy to play and having to play it alot
Losing only to bad starts
Both T8 and T4 opponents only having a chance because of ERL
Not winning duh
Its late and i forget stuff but if i remember stuff ill update it.

Er... I believe you lost twice to Dusknoir/Machamp in testing. ;)

And LuxChomp isn't that easy to play. Of course DialgaChomp is harder but LuxChomp is harder than most things in this format.

And of course I went Undefeated! What you talkin' about?!

I guess I have to get up at 5 for the grinder by my self *sigh*. Solid deck choice and solid playing, cya soon.

good job man, good luck at world. and like i said before, better do well this year at world before becoming a master next year ;) am sure you will be fine, is just it will be a lot harder than Sr. who knows, maybe you will win world this year and skip next season ;) see you back home in BC.

Congrats Kev,
you killed the competition... But What was with cowboy boy, when i saw it, i thought it was a chick o_O

Eleki, thats racist. Mike can do w/e he wants thru Deafen cuz hes pro, Lolz. I forgot to say GJ Kev, cya in Worlds buddy :p

lol you got to play the cowboy? I got a picture with him I might upload to the gallery and link to. Anyways Jealous congrats and go rep us well at worlds boy

-Dexter

Back