Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

5-0 1st with a different deck =O (Gyara)

KAZUTO!!!

All right, so back at Triumphant PR I hear a bunch of Seniors talking about Champ Prime and how good it is, so I figure LuxChomp would be a pretty bad play and I should play something that beats Champ instead. VileGar was off my options immediatly as I dislike it, but Gyarados looked promising, Resistence and it gained quite a bit from Triumphant. So I built a quick list, played a few games with it and decided it would be an option.

Fast forward to night before, I had decided to use my friend Cor's list, though I wanted to fit in a Warp Point but couldn't find the space. So I still have like 20 proxies adn then get like 3-4 hours of sleep. Yay.

Morning of - I get there, 2 minutes before Registration is supposed to end I finally take apart LuxChomp. =( I register, but then notice I forgot to put in Mesprit over Warp Point, so I buy a Mesprit for $6 and add it in quickly.

Pairings get posted, I'm against Justin, who I managed to convince I'm still playing LuxChomp. =D

Round 1 vs. Justin C. w/ LuxChomp

He opens well; Chomp DCE Cyrus to my SAbleye. I have a fairly average start but misplay, getting Uxie because I thought I could Junk Arm and discard a Trainer with no Trainers in my discard. Oh well I have to waste another turn Impersonating, luckily he doesn't do anything. I Regimove, Flash bite Uxie and 60 KO it with Gyara, he promotes Chomp and just does 30, I Regimove again and his only Bench is Luxray with 2 Energy on it, I 90 KO, and from there it was basically just a matter of Tail Revenging. He stalls for a bit by Luring Flaming Regice when I have no Warp Energy but eventually I draw into it. GG.

1-0

Round 2 vs. Tyler N. w/ Salamence/Kingdra

I set up decently IIRC and just 2HKO all his Mences and Dras, pretty fun. He took 2 Prizes because I couldn't draw Seeker all game. GG.

2-0

Round 3 vs. Kabir w/ DialgaChomp

This was easily the most fun game, I take 5 Prizes very quickly and he can't do anything but use Skuntank to stall, I have the Warp Energy in hand for game but flip anyways, flip tails the first two times and then finally heads, he KOs me for 2 Prizes then I just KO him for game. GG.

3-0

Round 4 vs. Jason C. w/ VileGar

So yeah, kinda worried about this matchup as I haven't really tested against it, but it was fine, kept Trainers out so Poltergeist was only doind 0-30 and used double Bat tricks to KO Gengars, and Blissey to heal Gyarados if it got too much damage. I believe I 4-0'd. GG.

4-0

Top 2 vs. Theodore T. w/ VileGar

Game 1:
I open Smeargle and 6 Trainers/Supporters and I get worried. He opens Gastly. Luckily his start is bad and I manage to set up and clear my hand of Trainers soon. I end the game by using Seeker when he has 2 Bench, Double Bat the Active Gengar with 90, and Tail Revenge the Gastly FTW. GG.

1-0

Game 2:
I open much better this time and use more Double Bat tricks (<3) to KO Gengars and such. I keep Trainers away from my hand and win this game pretty easily, 4-0 or 5-0. GG.

2-0

5-0

So yeah, I won. Got some nice stuff in my packs, though we didn't need anything.

Props

DETONATE =P
Cor
Kevin
Gyarados
All my opponents
Sandy
Bidier
Joey
Justin
Other friends
Gyarados
LuxChomp
Espeon/Umbreon

Slops

Being tired.

Last edited:
Gdos beats the format ( cept dusknoir ) nuff said! grats on the win ! i took a citys my selllf this weekend with the giant water pokeman! ;D

Jacob - Haha, I may add it but LUXCHOMP IS AMAZING. =P
Josh - Thank you. =)
Epic - Yeah Gyarados is pretty awesome. Nice on winning.
Muddy68 - If you have tons of mirror in your area, then yeah Ditto's a good play IMO; if you miss the recovery for a turn you can then hit for 120, likely a OHKO unless they're Belted.

Ditto makes fantastic Junk Arm fodder if you don't play a Gyarados, but I think Mesprit should be in the deck before Ditto unless your meta is 90% Gyarados.

I've told you this like 3 times, but awesome job Jack, keep on sweeping.

Last edited:
nice job man. just lost my winning streak of 7-0 with vilegar to g-dos so yeah its a good deck. also which blissey do you play

Cor - Thanks, will try to keep sweeping. ;)
Kamz - Thank you, and I play the Prime. It's nice with Seeker to heal off any damage Gyarados has without having to have BTS in play/Warp Energy in hand.

Would you rather give up a prize and your rescue energy or just blissey the rescue energy and still have 5 outs (2 more rescue, 2 poke rescue and a combee).

Or you wait until you're pretty sure they can OHKO you (keep on the safe side), before using Blissey. Not many decks not named LuxChomp can OHKO a Gyarados without any set up.

Back