Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

HGSS-on 5 Zekrom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kunx990

So I just started playing for the NxD prerelease, but coming off of yugi and Magic:TG, I am very experienced in card games. After a weekend of researching and about $100 later I made this.

Pokémon - 17
3 Zekrom
1 Tornadus
1 Thundurs
2 Mewtwo EX
2 Tynamo NV 38
2 Tynamo NV 39
3 Eelektrik NV
1 Shaymin UL
1 Tyrogue CL
1 Cleffa CL

Trainers/Supporters - 29
4 Dual Ball
4 Prof. Juniper
4 PONT

4 Junk Arm
3 Pokémon Catcher
2 Level Ball
1 Super Rod
2 Switch
2 Plus Power
1 Evolite
2 Random Receiver

Energy - 14
10 Lightning
4 Double Colourless

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

The general strategy is to get my Zekrom's loaded with energy and Bolt Strike away any threats. Mewtwo EX is in the deck to pretty much counter other Mewtwos.

I know 4 - 3 Eels seems to be the standard but I tend to aim for having the max possible because the deck still has room for techs if needed like the Shaymin which where added for extra energy dump and energy movement on the board.

Took out Zekrom EX because it ending up being there looking nice pretty and useless, Tornadus is being added to help shuffle energy around while still be able to hit for 80 on turn 2.

Tyred face powder for punching babies and eels in the face.

Last edited:
Needs 4 junk arm. Seeker and cilan look like the most dead weight cards in there, seems like an easy fix. Also, pokegear is incredible for reviving dead hands.

You can't Have 4 normal Zekroms and a Zekrom EX in the same deck.... You can have 3 and 1 or 2 and 2 or 1 and 3.... But not five... They still technically have the same name....

You can't Have 4 normal Zekroms and a Zekrom EX in the same deck.... You can have 3 and 1 or 2 and 2 or 1 and 3.... But not five... They still technically have the same name....
Nope. Technically they're different cards as the EX makes them different names. He's okay with what he has.

Well looks like I am going to replace Zekrom EX with a Mewtwo EX because Zekrom EX just doesn't seem to work out as well as I had thought. . .

Smeargle... Sadly you are wrong... I am a professor... The ruling, is that they have the same name. So you can't have 5 zekrom's

Sigged. This is hilarious.

Eh, as for your deck, a good Supporter engine for ZekEels (I made top 16 with ZekEels in Masters at Regionals) would be:

x4 PONT
x4 Juniper
x3 N

Sage's Training and Pokemon Collector are bad in this deck, too slow. For trainers, you'll want:

x4 Junk Arm
x4 Dual Ball
x3 Pokemon Catcher
x2/3 Switch (depending on if you want smeargle, it worked for me)
x2 PlusPower
x2 Level Ball
x1 Super Rod

you also have too many pokemon, about 15 should be good and no more than 3 Zekroms. I ran 2. You also absolutely need a Thundurus EPO, that is your desired starter for the deck, turn 1 charge, turn 2 you can do 80, its very consistent. Good luck!
x1 Eviolite

This is reallllly unfortunate. There is no way that Charliezard1 is a professor... The ruling for as long as Pokemon has been around, has been that Birthday, ______'s, Dark, Light, Star, ex, EX, etc. are considered different names.

Sigged. This is hilarious.

Eh, as for your deck, a good Supporter engine for ZekEels (I made top 16 with ZekEels in Masters at Regionals) would be:

x4 PONT
x4 Juniper
x3 N

Sage's Training and Pokemon Collector are bad in this deck, too slow. For trainers, you'll want:

x4 Junk Arm
x4 Dual Ball
x3 Pokemon Catcher
x2/3 Switch (depending on if you want smeargle, it worked for me)
x2 PlusPower
x2 Level Ball
x1 Super Rod

you also have too many pokemon, about 15 should be good and no more than 3 Zekroms. I ran 2. You also absolutely need a Thundurus EPO, that is your desired starter for the deck, turn 1 charge, turn 2 you can do 80, its very consistent. Good luck!
x1 Eviolite

I agree with the majority of this. I personally like Pokemon Collector in the deck (at 3) but everything else here is spot on. I'm not a fan of Sage's Training here either, nor am I a fan of 4 Juniper. The only suggestions I'd change is switching 2 of the junipers and 1 N into Collectors, but that's my personal opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back