Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

5th Place Canadian Nats Report

smacktack15

no capitals or proper typing is how i am rolling today because it is the pro-est way to type lol.

On to the report...

i play in masters, 7 rounds, top 32
LuxChomp LEGiT str8 version, no ERL garbage, mew two counter, 2/3 build

wed/thurs
----------

Jacob and i go aggro-stress @ nationals + ugly cup and decide to continue testing. we talk to a few people but, that is basically it. we are still in barrie (hour away from venue), and get packed up for friday.

friday
------

We go to the hotel, talk to Nick K (our testing friend/part of our crew) and eventually figure out we have seen Alex S (sorry, havent seen you in like a year) and Ryan (his friend). We get settled in, go to the lobby, see aaron r, keyvan a, alex s, ryan, cam t, charles, kevin, amy, bunch of others and we test on and off for the night. i play a few pick up games after winning the side event i decided to unofficially run and fail hard with 3 fail hands. i do 2 quick fixes to my list and it is pro skills now. on to saturday.

saturday
---------

i get my 300$ from provincials, get decks to people, claim my 2 byes, and chill for like a billion hours. round 3 starts and ya, the report starts for real cause' you know it just does (sorry, had to poke at Jack's report lol cause'...)

2-0 from byes; so goooood at this game! j/k

rd 3 vs zachary g w/ Gatr/Lumineon/Floatzel X

my start is legit but, i miss 1 crucial energy drop which fell into a 10% chance of happening. he oaks theories, croconaws into a billion energy and i try to keep up. i bring it to 1 prize with a great chance of winning but, he warps me.

2-1

rd 4 vs joleen l w/ pluff

she doesnt know how to play vs luxchomp and i show her i know how to play vs pluff. i get sprays in my starting hand with chomp/call start and im like yayayayayay 3-1 rite herrrrr but, im like its pluff so just hold on; she gets a t1 pluff that gets kinda annoying but, sprays and low-benching helps me win. gg joleen.

3-1

rd 5 vs peter b w/ t-tar/flygon

my start was legit and i kept attacking his energy-pokemon (2 trapinch with dce kinda hurt him) and i play wall-aggro (bring up a high retreat, chomp snipe around) only because i had like 3 DCE early game. he is chill and i was happy to play a guy like that. gg peter.

4-1

rd 5 vs coleman f w/ mirror/ERL

he does a few key sprays on me but, falls into an energy drought that allows us both to play an interesting game. i get the lead with a cyrus and play aggro while staying defensive (also preparing for an ERL drop) and it worked great. he ends with 3 prizes left.

5-1

rd 6 vs karl a w/ mirror

he goes 1st with chomp on bench + energy. i play 3 turns, see whats going to happen and scoop.

5-2

i make top 32 as 9th seed and battle Sebastian S

top 32 vs Sebastian S w/ kingdra/donphan/dusknoir

g1: good game but, too hard to explain. ambipom was too key along with luxray but, this was one of the ebst games i have ever played

win

g2: he gets a crazy start and kinda donks me but i scoop

lose

g3: i get a luxchomp start (chomp/call/dce/spray/cyrus) and go vs his start aggro on sprays. he judges, i get another spray but, i had this game nonetheless. gg sebastian.

win

6-2

top 16 vs. Dexter P w/ mirror

g1: see game vs karl a, i scoooopppp

lose

g2: see game 1 but, opposite, he scooopppsss

win

g3: we both have semi-legit starts but, i take the lead, have a chomp x with energy on bench and counter his counters while draing prizes. gg dexter, sorry we couldnt have made it crazy epic but, it was nice meeting you (even though we have briefly met before) and thanks for the games.

win

7-2

top 8 vs curtis l w/ plox/tomb/judge

g1: semi-good hand, judged/tombed/ploxed and scoop

lose

g2: a bit of a better hand but, judged/ploxed/tombed and scoop

lose

i came 5th place; at least jacob l (my brother) won and i am going to worlds rite now.

congrats to gordon c and adam a for winning trips, and gavin b + curtis l for the invites.

/no report on ugly cup/ basically went 2-2 drop. congrats to sebastain c for winning

props:
friday
jacob, the best canadian senior by far, you are so legit
keyvan, so chill, hope you come to worlds
jack for the 3-0 drop + hatter and stuff
my dad, testing/putting up with me lol
cam, you were so chill too, see ya at cities
aaron for being a n00b lol
ryan for being jokes
dexter for hanging out during the top 2, it was fun
reed for 7-0 in swiss
dakota for the 0-2 to 6-0 comeback of a lifetime
chan for being crazy legit, dont worry you will wreck masters next year,
alex s for being gross all weekend by not sleeping lol gl in masters next year
top 4 for going to worlds
peter b for getting the nicest guy of the year award
happiney is epic
exploding pop in the lobby
terry for the ugly cup, thanks for your generosity that you put out every year (even if i didnt win the ugly cup)
paul _ other judges for doing a great job
other people who i may have forgotten lol
going 2 worlds w/ invite

slops:
ploxxxxxxxx lol
no new iphone now :(
x-3 is kinda gross
secret testing groups, like come on, grow up; testing shouldnt make you do that after you scout our groups out thoroughly

team hatter, especially josh, you guys are awesome
ht, i love this site and although i might not be the most like there, you guys still kinda helped me

my dad

Good Job Zach.
1st at Ontario Provincials
3rd at Quebec Provincials
2nd at Eastern Canada Regionals, and
5th at Nats.

You earned that invite. Represent Canada well.

Last edited:
Good Job Zach.
1st and Ontario Provincials
2nd at Eastern Canada Regionals, and
5th at Nats.

You earned that invite. Represent Canada well.

Thanks but you forgot 3rd Quebec Provincials too lol jokes

I will rep canada the best ii can

You actually edited it lol, it's just that epic lol

Last edited:
Can you please start by spelling Canada properly.... the iPad can't be that tough to type on...

Alex S for being gross? You would be gross to if you an hour sleep ;)

It was awesome seeing you again bro, hopefully we can have an epic game when im in masters next year :p

you did great at nats bro, have fun at worlds :)

Alex S for being gross? You would be gross to if you an hour sleep ;)

It was awesome seeing you again bro, hopefully we can have an epic game when im in masters next year :p

you did great at nats bro, have fun at worlds :)

Thanks bro, I will see again at nats next year bro, I'll rep for both of us at worlds bro lol

Back