Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

6 Corners still viable?

Blitzer

Yeah, I've been sorta out of the game for a bit, so it would be helpful if someone could give me their opinion on this. Could Six Corners + Mewtwo perhaps still be a viable competitor in EX format?

Thanks in advance.

6 Corners as we know it right now? Not viable.

Big Basics deck w/ Prism Energy and Mewtwo EX? Oh yeah, that's viable.

We have one less retreat now too, opening up Celebi and Smeargle possibilities as well as the potential 8 varying energy cards.

was it actually ever viable?? I never liked it to be honest. It seems like you shook your holos binder and sleeved whatever fell out. There is little to no synergy, they're all stand alone pokemon, and no matter what anyone says, that's not synergy.

The deck was viable, and like baby mario said, it will live on as big basics. Now the question is which basics are going to be put in?

The deck was viable, and like baby mario said, it will live on as big basics. Now the question is which basics are going to be put in?

There is way too much support to not have a deck centered around basics. Their attacks are better than average, you can cover all types and you get the benefits of eviolite and soon skyarrow and prism. Although it wasn't great this format, I just see this deck getting better.

was it actually ever viable?? I never liked it to be honest. It seems like you shook your holos binder and sleeved whatever fell out. There is little to no synergy, they're all stand alone pokemon, and no matter what anyone says, that's not synergy.
There was no synergy between LuxChomp, does that make it not viable?

A deck doesn't necessarily NEED to have synergy to perform well. 6 Corners was definitely viable before the EXs came out. it covered every popular Pokémon's weakness. Sure there wasn't any combos but the ability to hit EVERYTHING your opponent threw at you for weakness was... pretty darn good.

There's no debate about whether 6 Corners was viable in the past. It has the CC wins/top cuts to prove it.

Lots of people disliked the deck, which was fair enough. Everyone has their preferences.

It didn't really have synergy, no. That wasn't the point. Like the old 4 Corners decks, it was designed to exploit a variety of Weaknesses. It was very good at that, hence the success. Decks can be viable without being uber combolicious these days.

^^This guy got it right. LuxChomp had NOTHING synergy wise, it just countered whatever it need to.

Yes, it's good. Throw in some EX's. Find a way to deal with Durant (Reshiram EX, Cobalion, Gigas, etc.) and preferably a way to keep them from completely eating all your energy for lunch. (This was my major issue). The ability to do Prism/Rainbow anywhere and then pull KO's out of thin air with Shaymin is insane.

Does it need tweaking? Yes. Is it the 6C we used to know? No. Can it work (and even do well in the right hands)? Yes.

I speak from my 150+ games of testing the format. Do not assume you will autowin, especially towards week 3.

There's no debate about whether 6 Corners was viable in the past. It has the CC wins/top cuts to prove it.

Lots of people disliked the deck, which was fair enough. Everyone has their preferences.

It didn't really have synergy, no. That wasn't the point. Like the old 4 Corners decks, it was designed to exploit a variety of Weaknesses. It was very good at that, hence the success. Decks can be viable without being uber combolicious these days.

I like the way you say things sir. :thumb:

---------- Post added 02/26/2012 at 12:07 AM ----------

There was no synergy between LuxChomp, does that make it not viable?

A deck doesn't necessarily NEED to have synergy to perform well. 6 Corners was definitely viable before the EXs came out. it covered every popular Pokémon's weakness. Sure there wasn't any combos but the ability to hit EVERYTHING your opponent threw at you for weakness was... pretty darn good.

It had synergy in that one could drag up a pokemon and make it stuck active, while the other capitalized and hit whoever it wanted to. It made one pokemon with a cheap subpar attack that damaged your own pokemon be a viable attacker by healing all that self inflicted damage. There was oodles more synergy in LuxChomp than there is in 6 corners. But the reason I only even said that was because I don't believe it to have ever been a viable deck. Capitalizing on a couple tournaments is one thing, consistently winning tournaments while other decks try to counter you is being viable.

Back