Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

6 Pop6 Scans

Status
Not open for further replies.

phoenixback4fire

Here are the POP6 cards I have.
For some reason the actual images aren't coming up, just links. So you have to click the links.

62drkvm.png
Lucario

67snxud.png
Manaphy

53fc8t0.png
Pachirisu

63j1jeb.png
Pikachu

4tsw2yu.png
Piplup

503obb9.png
Turtwig

scans are better than what's been posted so far. not perfect. but thanks bud.

my critiques.

1. lucario - better artwork
2. manaphy - ehh not that good.
3. pachirisu - horrible. the original is the best. chipa!
4. pikachu - that's a cool action pose.
5. piplup - that's nice. the zooming in works well for piplup
6. turtwig - that's cool looking. accentuates the cuteness of the pokemon. and the detail of the background is nice too.

people dont care for art and or re-prints that are still legal(though lucario is gonna be in play for a looong time now)
people care for playable cards
this set=no no for players

all round the set is very disappointing. no older reprints that deserve to be printed. if pop wanted to follow this road they should have waited for the POP 7 or something.

all round the set is very disappointing. no older reprints that deserve to be printed. if pop wanted to follow this road they should have waited for the POP 7 or something.

I am not exactly sure on this one, the fact that there are no uber powerful cards ala mew pop 5 was to be expected, that guy was one in a million, as for trainer reprints, do I really need to remember everyone we are trying to cycle out of the delta abuses? D/P is a fresh new start, and next year D/P will most likely be the format to play, and since pop 6 will most likely stay in format, pop 6 is exactly the pack in which they cant risk a reprint, also, what exactly is it everyone wanted back ? Brinney ? people, I know you were around on 2004, Brinney is the card that probably made a huge deck (magma) into a behemoth, the japanese would most likely have beaten us even without it, but it made the deck so more frustrating to play agianst :p I do believe we will be hurt for the lack of energies on the set, I was getting used to having a couple always, but lets be honest, rainbow might not come back, several pokemon greatly benefit from its "drawback" like the teddiursa/ursaring combo, not broken, but the idea was for the card to have a disadvantage :p nowadays we have multi and double rainbow, not bad on my opinion, what I do really liked was the Lucario, everyday D/P becomes scarcer, and being a rare, Lucario had started to become pricey over here, so having it on pop might make it easier to see :p

Perhaps, people should stop comparing pop 6 caliber to pop 5. I for one, am grateful that at least it is not as irregular as pop 1 was, with a couple cards that can see play :p

By the way, I exagerated on the several pokemon beefit from rainbow effect, in general I wil try not to miss it, since it has been around since the original rocket, alas, I have been seen playing with my rocket 1st edition ones sometimes.

I don't think that anybody is seriously trying to get the HOlon Engine back, Ives. I've seen a lot of suggestions for sorta TecHy or rogueish carda like Briney, Mary, and Fieldworker. Stuff like that. Not necessarily great, but good enough to make newer players competent in deckbuilding. From POP3 through POP5, PUI included cards that are helpful to your deck, but are not necessarily the best cards (with the exception of Candy in P5). That's what I want to see out of the POP packs. Something useful for newer players, and disposable for the experienced players. This particular set works on the second count, but there's very little in here that's useful for the newer players.

AS I thought, mostly re prints that were promos in Japan.
Except the pikachu we already have all those cards.

people dont care for art and or re-prints that are still legal(though lucario is gonna be in play for a looong time now)
people care for playable cards
this set=no no for players

I do! Main reason I play and try to get the game going here I am basicially a collector and I love art!
I want 4 Turtwigs ASAP but can wait as the set makes no impact on the meta.

That Pachirisu is so cute! I want it! No, I want all those. And quickly. I wish league stuff would arrive already...

Seriously, that Pikachu's purple background looks amazing.. the yellows help to bring out the vibrant purple that would otherwise not be as noticable.

All right. Either that pika is possessed... Or it is rabid. YES AN EVIL PIKACHU! Yay! I'm tired of those "cute" versions.

It has a nice berry and an OK attack. Thanks for the scan.

All right. Either that pika is possessed... Or it is rabid. YES AN EVIL PIKACHU! Yay! I'm tired of those "cute" versions.

It has a nice berry and an OK attack. Thanks for the scan.

That's exactly what I was thinking. And thats why it's so AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!! :cool:

ahhhhhhhhhh i dont know if it did this for anyone else but that piplup jus winked:wink: at me when i opened the link.....thats freaky, first its girls giving me the eye now pokemon :wink:??? Wow, this world is going crazy.....:lol: :lol: :lol: on a serious note tho, like everyone else i hope that they make some illegal stuff legal again, but not stuff like trancievers and and such, they could bring back some type of energy pokemon like a holon's magneton and magnite in a different form, like a Team Galactics Magnimite/magneton, i know nobody would complain about that....those pkmn energies gave us some searching options that we never had, and im pretty sure and correct me if im wrong on this one but almost EVERYONE loved them, even if they staarted with them to lose a states in the finals after you already lost one in the finals the day before.....lol.....and i know somebody is going to come on here and say ooooo well castform is the same thing, and yea basically it is.....NOT, casform can ONLY be attached to a pokemon with a nrg on it, and magnimite doesnt, and castform is a bad started in most decks, and you cant start with a magneton, well you could be i dont think your opponent would let you......:lol::lol:......jus sayin....

James F.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back