Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

64 or 128?

uuuufff

How large do you think the age divisions will be at this year's world championships? I only ask because the last time it was in Hawaii in was bumped down to 64.

I think there are something like 140 Invites for this year. Dunno how they're going to break it down (the player in me hopes for 129 exactly)

South America - 5
North America - 40
Europe - 50
Asia/Pacific - 10
Grinder Mininum - 4
Japan - 10?
So mininum of at least 114 + T4 finishers from Worlds 2009 in whatever age groups they are in now.

POkemon has a habbit of letting in a very generous number of Junior and Senior players. and with worlds in Hawii this year there will be a lot of players with invites not showing up to play So I would assume 16-24 Grinder spots in Juniors and Seniors and 8-16 grinder spots for Masters.

Last edited:
2009 Worlds: 7 invites
Japan: 6 invites

APAC
Number of National Invites: 9 (Australia:2, New Zealand:2, Malaysia:2, Singapore:2, Hong Kong:1)
Number of Rating Invites: 10
Number of Double Invites: 4
Total invites: 15

SA
Number of National Invites: 2 (Argentina:2)
Number of Rating Invites: 5
Number of Double Invites: 2
Total invites: 5

NA
Number of National Invites: 16 (USA:8, Canada:4, Mexico:4)
Number of Rating Invites: 40
Number of Double Invites: 7
Total invites: 49

EU
Number of National Invites: 46 (Austria:4, Belguim:2, Czech:2, Denmark:4, Finland:4, France:4, Germany:4, Italy:4, Netherlands:4, Norway:4, Portugal:2, Sweden:2, Switzerland:2, UK:4)
Number of Rating Invites: 50
Number of Double Invites: 22
Total invites: 74

Total invites: 156 for the Masters Division.

Expect a good number of them not being used.

---------- Post added 07/12/2010 at 03:47 PM ----------

As far as I know, 5 of the APAC invites will not be used.

Possibly only 2 of SA's invites will be used.

Out of 49 invites, safe to say at least 15 will not be used.

Europe, safe to say at least 30 will not be used.

So a total of at least 50+ will not be used therefore around 106 will be in attendence, netting approximately 22 for the LCQ...

Remember, this is speculation, lol.

Last edited:
Pokémon Organized Play is pleased to announce the final TCG ratings for the rating zones listed below.

The number of players invited in each age division is listed along with the ratings zone header information.

Players are asked to confirm their attendance via [email protected] no later than July 21st, 2010.

Latin America Zone

5 Invitations per age division

Junior Division

Senior Division

Masters Division

Asia Pacific Zone

10 Invitations per age division

Junior Division

Senior Division

Masters Division

Europe Zone

50 Invitations per age division

[To be announced]

North America Zone

40 Invitations per age division

[To be announced]

Premier Rating invitations are awarded without pass downs beginning in 2010. This means that players who earn an invitation via a National Championships or who are not opted in to Ratings and Rankings will take one of the invitation slots awarded regardless of their eligibility to collect the invitation.

Pokémon Organized Play has analyzed the Ratings invitations for the past several seasons and increased the number of Ratings invitations per Rating Zone to minimize any negative effect on players. We anticipate that approximately the same total number of eligible invitations will be awarded. This will however, greatly reduce the amount of time it takes to process this invite list, meaning that players who earn, and are eligible to collect an invitation will be notified much earlier, allowing players more time to book and confirm their attendance

Remember no Passdowns this year. So you got to figure that 90% of the people with Nationals Championship invites will be in the T5 for Latin America, T10 for Asia/Pacific, T40 for N America and T50 for Europe. So I would think its safe to assume There will only be a handful of players extra from the Nationals Championships.

Jason, are you sure that Argentina is the only S American County with an Invite from Nats? I thought Brazil had one as well. And I know that the Phillipeans has had Nationals invites in the past, are you sure they dont have any invitres anymore?

Last edited:
Rmember no Passdowns this year. So you got to figure that 90% of the people with Nationals Championship invites will be in the T5 for Asia Pacific, T10 for S America, T40 for N America and T50 for Europe. So I would think its safe to assume There will only be a handful of players extra from the Nationals Championships.

Jason, are you sure that Argentina is the only S American County with an Invite from Nats? I thought Brazil had one as well. And I know that the Phillipeans has had Nationals invites in the past, are you sure they dont have any invitres anymore?

I heard from my main Brazilian source, Bohn said there is no nationals there. Also three of my Philippines friends, they confirmed that they don't have Nationals there this year, no invites for both Brazil and Philippines this year, due to lack of sales within their LD or their LD have no interest in OP.

Read my first half of my post, I have researched a bit and calculated it, then also, I know the majority of APAC players personally so yeah...

Btw, You had SA and APAC mixed up as bolded.

You are correct Jason I wint to Pokemon.com, and found the list of the Nationals invites, it looks like there will be around 118-122 players in each age group.

It will be atleast 128.

I am thinking that if we get 124 players or less who have an invite show up, it will be 128. If we have more than that, it will be interesting to see what they do. I expect it to be around 128, but where exactly I am not sure. It will be interesting to see what they do.

Drew

Back