Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

6th place nats

Lucario-Master

days before nats
im testoing out different decks, i have my good blaziken, gengar and flygon. they all have boon good in testing and i dont know what the meta game is so i still cant tell what to play but my friend alex tells me that most of the people in toronto are playing flygon so the best deck to play would be blaziken because it sets up at the same speed they do and it OHKOs them.
Day before nats
we get to the hotel and we start testing our final decks till like 1 am, its really fun and im sure that ill do good if the format is what i think it is.

day of nats
we get up early to get donw to regester and hang out, i see alot of people so im hoping we have a big top cut.

K, we have 6 rounds and top8

round 1 sam (machamp/ramparadose)
k, he asked how i did this season and i told him i won regs so i think that kinda freaked him out a bit.
he gets an ok start but i get blaziken GE out T2, he misses the machamp donk so im happy, we go back and forth a few turns and he get 2 machamps out to my blaziken Pt heatran lv.X and cherrim. OHKO both machamps and his claydol FTW, he shows me his hand and its 2 machamps, ram,3 rare candys and energy. if he had a RR or something to get basics the match would have been good.
GG 1-0

Round 2 Alex my friend. (gengar/ram)
wow, i play my friend round 2.......nice
K, well he gets the donk on my torchic but i called so its all good, i get my setup even with the 2 prizes i sacked, we go back and forth for a bit and the prizes came down to 1-1. he had jus KOd soemthing but i was able to brink up blaziken Pt, burn him and RC a cherubi to a cherrim and OHKO a ram with heatran lv.X
GG 2-0

Round 3 winston (machamp/lumineon
i see him flip machop and im like "omg my third donk deck today?
he get T1 or T2 donk on torchic so that hurt, the rest of the game is lumineons fin luster and OHKOing basics so it kinda sucked
GG 2-1

Round 4 ???? mother gengar
i get a really bad start and he get T2 gengar, he take prizes till hes at a 4 prize lead, i bring out heatran and lv it up and jsut attack with it, i get a blaziken Pt out and G it and heatrans Gd so thats good, i cant get warp or switch so i just burn him and heatrans attack to get 4 prizes,XD none of them he was able to flip fainting spell for. the prizes get to 1-2 for him and i get the warp, Ko a claydol and then he only has 2 gengars left, he poltergisted last turn with only 1 trainers in my 10 card hand so he know that wont get him a Ko and he cant shadow room so he just polts for 30 and then i OHKO gengar FTW!!!!
this was the most epic comeback i've ever made and im freaking out and so was he.
GG 3-1

Round 5???( mother gengar)
i dont really remember this mach but he used nidoqueen as the main attacker alot and he didn't play crobats to that hurt him GG
4-1
I know im in so i just want to win my last mach to place better in top 8

Round 6 ????? won nats last year(gengar)
this guy is really good so i dont really expect to beat him but ill try my hardest
he gets a bad start but mine isn't much better, he gets set up 1T before i do and that messed be up, i wasn't able to G claydol fast so he was able to shadow room it and later on crobat it.
we get down to 1-2 prizes for him and he has nidoqueen up with unown G and gengar on the bench with some other stuff. i clutch it so he cant retreat but then i see the unown g on it and forgot hte effect, if he wasn't able to retreat i would have dark plamed his gengar and Ko his nidoqueen and he would have had nothing left and i probobly would have won but that didn't happen w/e
GG 4-2

I make the top 8 and im seed 6

Top 8 matthew(mother gengar)
game 1
he gets a good start with gengar/mother out T2 and i have nothin so after i dead draw i give up so we have more time for game 2

Game 2
i get a good start with blaziken GE out T2 so that helped, i sniped claydol out early so that hurt him, i get many OHKOs with blaziken PT and he loses

so i know if i get set up i can beat him but thats IF i get set up

game 3
i get an ok start but he snipes baltoy right before i get claydol so that really messed me up, i had blaziken GE out but i only had 2 energy on it and i couldn't draw a 3rd so i could snipe claydol and draw the prize that would have been my uxie and that would have really made the game good, after he takes out the blaze im with nothin and i lose =(

i only get 9 packs and it ticks me off becouse top 4 get DSI,invite,box and much more, pokemon is getting really cheap, last year they gave T8 half a box and T16 got half box the year before that.:nonono:

props
blaze
alex
jack
aron
T8
jugdes

slops
really bad starts
bad packs
my friend for being rong about meta
winston for telling my friend the rong meta
luck

well........i might grind into worlds so if i do i hope to see you guys!

Lol didn't I tell your friend the Meta was Gengar? If I didn't, it must have been me trying to get you ppl to play something else

XD Winston i asked you what the play and ur like, People are playing Flygon in masters. and since its masters i thought it would be played in Seniors oh well XD. Great Job Kev, It was a very intense game.

WAIT

What about the pool? That was koolz :p

Back