Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

6th place socal regs (seniors) with.....magnezone?!?!

1:15 wakin' up in the morning, gotta have my deck gotta go downstairs...
we (me and albert and my dad) manage to get there in great time, at about 5:30
we went to eat breakfast...it was terrible.
anyway.... i bought some packs...made some trades..then got the pairings.
i decided to add a 1-1 blissey pl the other day..which really saved me

round 1 vs. jason martinez (sablock with absol prime?)

this kid is GOOD. this was a hard game..but the belt i drew third turn really helped with ohko'ing sp x's without having to lostzone 3 nrg. blissey REALLY saved me in this match with the constant discarding of fighting and healing so he couldn't ever ohko me. i finally pull out the win :D (1-0)

round 2 vs. bradley p. (luxchomp)

this match blissey just gave me the game...my belted 'zone tanked through all of his pokes but he managed to kill both my regi's late game. this is where i was really glad i put in the palmer's ;D (2-0)

round 3 vs. elliot (skuntank g/toxicroak g/mightyena)

this was essentially mightytank. he actually stopped my draw for a few turns with poison..late game.. it was 1-4 on prizes and he ko'd a belted 'zone. i took a turn to set up a new one, then he knew there was only one way to win. he smokescreened with skuntank g xD and luckily, i flipped heads, ko'ing him to take the last prize. (3-0)

at this point, it was lunch break and i got these really good ribbon fries with garlic salt :p

then back to games:

round 4 vs. kyle w. (scizor/umbreon)

this deck made me want to injure myself. when i finally was about to ko his umbreon with my magneton, he retreats into scizor and i somehow had all special nrg on my zones. i can't take it anymore so i lose :p (3-1)

round 5 vs. ?? (sablock)

i check the pairings and he's 4-0 so i get paired up >.< he locks me out of search until he has like 2/3 prizes left. i finally go off and it ended up being fairly close but he was too far ahead for me to come back. (3-2)

round 6 vs. ?? ('zard)

he put down his basic and said loudly (oh crap he's gonna donk me!) and then i knew it was a q. however, he flipped it over and it was a 40 hp cyndaquil. i knew i had to get a belt to donk him with uxie. my hand - magnemite (starter), bts, magneton, magneton, blissey, collector, fighting nrg. i knew (since i went 2nd)
that i could collector for magnemite chansey uxie, burn all the cards in my hand and set up for like 5/6 to hopefully get the belt. i lol when i top deck the belt and easily get the donk. (4-2)

at this point i hear talk ranging from people saying that only 1 4-2 will get cut from 3 4-2's getting cut. i'm feeling really anxious so i go get some more ribbon fries and i rush over to check rankings and i made it! i was very happy....i went over to get my deck checked and i found out that albert got 9th :( he went back to my room to get his laptop while i play some fun games with josh/zach playing kgl :D

when they're done deck checking i went to see who i was paired against....crap. jason again. i knew this was gonna be really hard so i prepped by drinking water :p

we start our top cut matches:

game 1 vs. jason m. (sablock w/ absol)

i start with tomb + magnemite. i evolve into zone while he overconfidents me and initiative/chatot's me out of draw. he sprays me magnezone twice and double d-rushes me for the win. (0-1)

game 2:

i start double tomb and regi vs. his garchomp

he got an early lead by overconfidenting my tombs and took a big lead early game i couldn't recover from. gg (0-2)

so i left my regs happy...but...

i got back to my hotel room to organize and stuff. then i said to myself "where's my deck?". over the next 2 hours..i went looking everywhere for it, asking everyone for it, i couldn't find it. a kid also stole a rh sableye, 4 turns, 3 cyrus from me. i know i didn't personally lose my deck - i really didn't take my eyes off of it at all. i lost 200+ bucks worth of cards >_> but at least i had a fun time playing :p

list:
4 tomb
4-4-4 magnezone (3 prime, 1 sc)
2 regirock
1-1 blissey pl
1 uxie
1 azelf
1 q

t/s/s:
3 collector
3 engineer's
3 judge
1 palmer's
2 comm.
1 lux ball
2 belt
1 warp point
3 bts
1 sunyshore

nrg:
5 lightning
8 fighting
2 warp
2 call

props:
top cutting at my first regs
trading for/buying 6 smeargle :D
pulling 2 t-tar prime
playing double battles :p
making good time getting to cali
my friends letting me borrow/have cards to help rebuild my deck <3

slops:
losing a LOT of my cards...

overall a fun day and i'm glad i went ;D

Last edited:
lol it does... anyway thanks for the advice to beat Jason in top 4 though I did not get to because he donked an unown q. :( (Im the vilegar cool dude)

nice job man u got a little bit better luck than i did. i was the guy who beat u round 1 at nv states

So sorry about your deck, but gj. I'll donate some cards to help you get your deck back... D: So sorry that that happened D:

You did very well. You were very successful in swiss. I feel that you could do really well if you continue playing at this level. The double battles were awesome... I wanna see that format come back. Anyways... I'll see you at league, and so sorry for your deck. I'd like to see you force Albert make a thread like this ;P

thanks a lot zach :D you would've won too if you didn't drop :p and i was talking to josh (jew josh) and i told him that i'm gonna try my hardest to get a worlds invite next year ;D

lol first I just want to say i'm friends with josh bangle on skype, and second my box sucked I wanted to sell it but they go for nothing so I opened it and did not get a single smeargle.

Back