Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

8-1 with HoPe :)

elekid_957

i think i should have at least made it to top 2 in this tournament, but because of luck of the draws im stuck with top 8. oh well im still happy for how well HoPe preformed

Pokemon:24
2 Honchkrow G PT
2 Uxie LA
1 Azelf LA
1 Mewtwo MD
1 Mewtwo LV.X
1 Shuppet PT
1 Banette PT
2 Crobat G PT
1 Skuntank G PT
2 Mr. Mime MT
1 Unown G GE
1 Staraptor FB SV
1 Staraptor FB LV.X
1 Promocroak
1 Blaziken FB
1 Blaziken FB LV.X
1 Sableye
1 Ambipom G
1 Arceus (Dark Type)
1 Bronzong G

Trainers:29
4 Cyrus Conspiracy
3 Roseannes Research
4 Poke Turn
4 Power Spray
3 Energy Gain
2 Expert Belt
2 SP- Radar
1 Pokemon Contest Hall
2 Moonlight Stadium
1 Department Store Girl
1 Palmers Contribution
1 Aarons Collection
1 Bebes Search

Energy:7
2 Basic Dark
3 Psychic
2 Fire

i am looking for room for a relicanth though, as that sounds like fun.

we have 70-something seniors T16 7 rounds, also im really tired so this isn't going to be super detailed..:

round 1 VS buneary.
yeah. T1, T2 shuppet with expert belt 2KOing all of his pokemon. eventually i get out a mewtwo and he can never really get out an evolved pokemon. he gets me to 130 damage (expert belt) but then i take my last prize before he can even get one lo.

1-0

round 2 VS flygon/areodactyl/stuff :p
yeah... i got a GODstart this round and had T1 shuppet with belt, crobats and plenty of other stuff. he just drew cards with aerodactyl until i slowely killed all of his pokemon. eventually he had nothing left at like 1-6.

2-0

round 3 VS ampharos or something
T1 i start with honchkrow and do some stuff, and bench a blaziken. he has spiritomb but no bench so he passes. i go attach to blaziken bench bronzong, move an enegry from honchkrow to blaze, play moonlight. then retreat to blaze and level up for the donk :D. pretttyyyy fun lol

3-0

round 4 VS machamp
i get toxicroak G start, bench 2 crobats (put 20 damage on chop), and expect him to kill it. he only has DCE and belt however so he kicks me D; lol. i search for roseannes and end. he kicks again (xD) i roseannes for bronzong G and unown G and bench unown+energy then galactic switch another energy to it, then flip for leap away, tails, so i poketurn and hidden power for GG haha

4-0

round 5 VS luxhchomp
his T1 (i went first) he KO's honchkrow with belt+DCE bite. i send up crobat, grab promocroak and kill him. after this i take FOUR more prizes just off of ambipom G and toxicroak G countering garchomp/luxray. then i throw down mewtwo and giga burn for 140 game haha

5-0

round 6 VS luxchomp
a much harder game i thought i would lose. since my SP radar and honchkrow are prized i cant kill his shuppet when he lays it down, meaning he will kill my mewtwo. so i just set up a promocroak. he kills mewtwo, i send up promocroak and have to play THREE crobat to KO him (power sprays). after that though he has like no energy left and i take 3-4 more prizes with ambipom/toxicroak. then its like 1-2 and he has 3 card left in his hand. he has a luxray X with 80 damage, gain benched. and then a regular luxray with a lightning on it. he has garchomp active energy less (just killed something) so i just decide to KO with ambipom. he send s up luxray and DOESN'T have the poke-turn for the game. so next turn i think i lay down honchkrow+gain+dark for the KO on his luxray with 80 :D

6-0

round 7 VS luxchomp
haha 3 in a row :p. dont remember much... she used mismagius which was a real pain. i think i used toxicroak to stay in the game though, and make it pretty much 1-2 the entire game. then i think i used some honchkrow trick to KO benched uxie that was flash impacted the game after killing something with ambipom. i dont really remember this one because there were three in a row haha, i do remember her bright looking my mewtwo and then killing it with mismiagius for two prizes though haha...

7-0

so i make top 16 of course, im playing gyarados

T16 VS gyarados
G1:
we both have eh starts, gyarados really is easy after you get double mime however, once i did that and shuppet+belt+skuntank for the 2KO it became pretty easy... i took my last prize with blaziken for fun :D although it was tempting to bring up his regive haha

G2:
he gets T1 gyara with 2 magicarps in discard.. somehow i get T1 shuppet+skuntank+mime (only one) which was AWESOME haha. he misses a lot of important flips and its eventually like 1-2 me, with him having a gyarados+belt with 110 damage who is poisoned and burned against double mime. so i bench a crobat and hit with blaziken for like 120 damage lol

8-0

T8 VS luchomp...

G1
okay now this is USUALLLY a good matchup. however. my hand:
dark arceus
mr mime
mr mime
staraptor
energy gain
power spray
power spray
i draw.... BLAZIKEN
random crap like this happens until like T6 i draw cyrus, but my toxicroak AND azelf are prized so i cant do a thing haha. i scoop this one...

G2:
this time it goes much better, like it should be. i respond to his KO's even with a TON of lucksacking on his part. ambipom/toxicroak come in handy a lot. and once i get mewtwo and kill his dialga its GG pretty much. he scoops with like 30 mins remaining.

G3:
i get an average start, and so does he. its eventually looking like i will win, and then the craziness starts. he plays wager and loses, then get dialga G lv.x, metal energy, AND a cyrus to stay in the game. retreats dialga X and kills me with uxie. i do some stuff and try to respond ect. he topdecks an uxie with ZERO cards in his hand TWICE. and then he topdecks an uxie X and with trade off he gets the poketurn he needed for a KO... then he draws ANOTHER uxie and uses setup for 7 (he put one under sometime). he gets some stuff and hurts me. now he has a luxray X with 80 damage and a garchomp X with 50 benched. among other things. he draws in order: expert belt (to save luxray from being KO'd) ANOTHER expert belt (to have garchomp KO anything on the field), DCE (to snipe), and ANOTHER DCE to snipe YET AGAIN. i almost have the game with a belted arceus+galactic switch, but i dont have a turn/moonlight/OR energy to retreat honchkrow (i would have won lol). so he DCE'd the luxray and killed me. luxray has 120 (honchkrow snipe) and garchomp has like 50. time is called as he ends his turn and hes up 1 prize... so i lose haha :(

yeah i was pretty angry at that game, i mean i was drawing mimes and power spray while he was god drawing like uxies and stuff....

well still im happy i did well with HoPe, i would have made it to T2 though (would have faced jumpluff in T4, which is easy lol).

props:
doing well with HoPe
friends
food
mooching
money
burger king
ARCEUS :D
lolz
team relick

slops:
T8 haha
had to get up early
FOUR WHOLE PACKS FOR 8-1 :D

Last edited:
I will never understand how the heck you make this deck go anything past breaking even...

Congrats on making T8.

nice jod once again eleki XD lol you should put FOUR WHOLE PACKS under slops. you should try to get a ride to washington states so we can take their trophies. I'll play HoPe too XP

thanks for all the love everyone haha,
and arceus idk which round we played, it was like 3 luxchomps in a row so it was confusing lol

if breon shows up he can definitely vouch for those topdecks :p

and thanks chris i will probably be there cuz spring break is next week

Good job getting T8 with a cool deck, and sorry about your opponent getting lucky draws in the T8. I loved the Unown G KO!

haha your luck always sucks, I thought you knew that by now?
8-1.. you should have won, relick didn't even take any 1st places I think.

Elekid_957 is pro. That's all I've got to say about that. (*if you don't understand, refer to list above that almost noone else can pull off...*)

Back