Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

8 Easy Steps to Losing a Worlds Trip

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flaming_Spinach

Feature Editor
Simply follow these 8 steps, and you are guaranteed to lose a trip to Worlds which you would otherwise have won!

I played Mario BTW.

1. Get a bad start against the 2-time NW Regional Champion.

I misplay, but it doesn't matter, as I have only 1 basic, and by the time he beats me, I can't get another for 3 more turns.

2. When you beat someone, make sure their rating is below 1600.

Another person with an Empoleon deck. It's close, but he runs out of energy and I win quickly after.

3. Get paired against an auto-loss.

Yeah. I faced a 1650 player with Banette. Game Over in 3 turns.

4. If the last one wasn't bad enough, get paired against 2 auto-losses in a row.

Another guy with Banette. I concede when he plays his second energy.

At 1-3, all hopes of making Worlds are shot.

5. Beat someone on T1 so people can laugh at how you can't win a legitimate game in your life.

Riolu. Heads. GG.

6. Let your opponent get a GOD start.

T1, Dratini paralizes. T2, Dragonair discards my energy. T3, Draggy ex locks trainers. T4, Draggy ex kills 2 Pokemon in 1 hit.

7. Beat your 7th opponent, then drop from the tournament to save whatever shred of dignity you have left.

Yeah.

8. Realize 5 minutes too late that you weren't actually dropped from the tournament, were late for your 8th round, and already recieved a Game Loss.

This made me rofl when I realized it happened.

You should now have lost all hope you ever had of making Worlds.

Glad I could be of service to you guys.

3-4 in games. 3-5 overall.

Sorry about the bad beats

Dont feel bad about loosing to Tyler N. this year I was 2-5 against him myself. I don't think I could ever take a deck that I had never played in a tournement before and use it to play in an event as important as the Nationals.

How many sympathy posts do you NEED!?

Did you just expect to win with Mario?

What won the side event the day before? Banette. And you pick an autoloss to that deck. And you choose a bad deck either way. Why didn't you just 0-1 drop or 1-2 drop?

Kettler went 0-1 drop the secure a trip: you could've easily done the same.

He couldn't have, Ryan. His ranking was only 1990.

Everyone knew going into Nationals that Banette would be the 2nd or 3rd most popular deck, easily. To play a deck with a blatantly bad matchup against that is just one **** of a wild move to make (or should I say WILD KICK???).

But again, no criticisms here, pal. As trite and cliche as it may sound by now, "better luck next year." =[ You have a fantastic season, but one not-so fantastic nationals run.

Last edited:
A friend asked to see my tournament report, so I decided to make it as entertaining as possible.
Well 1 its not funny and 2 the only thing funny and entertaining was you playing mario and having extremely sour grapes after relizing it wasnt up to the level of competetiveness. Honestely u probably woulda had better luck wit msn and dogding all the infernapes. MSN= 2nd at nats :eek:.
Im sorry but dont expect to post a thread and have everyone feel sorry for you. See you at worlds. O wait my bad!:cool:

Seriously dude, no one feels bad for you.
Do you really think he's in great need for attention? Come on, it's a tournament report. FS has been here for a long time, you should be familiar with his writing style.
I thought it was a good report
Gdog121TheChamp said:
having extremely sour grapes
I think you're looking into his post too much.
See you at worlds. O wait my bad!
Saying that makes you sound worse than he ever did.

Better luck next year FS. How much did your rating go down?

I actually found this post amusing. Its almost like Lettermans Top 10. Also there are some peeps that are going to have God matchups and FS had BAD matchups. He could have faced 2 Shiftry instead of the 2 Bannettes he faced.

There will be enough randomness in a 400+ player tourney that you go with what you think gives you the most favorable match ups. No 1 deck beats all the others. If that were the case, you would have seen 400 of that 1 deck there! LOL Match ups end up deciding tourneys of this size. Get favorable ones early to build momentum and ride that wave to the top cut. GL next year Matt.

Keith

Solid Players and Solid and Consistent Deck always can navigate the field better than decks that have some holes in matchups. Event with that, you definitely got the short straw.

You played and put it on the line, lots of us definitely respect you for that.

Hey, everyone has a bad day..

My son came in #12, and had a 4-4 day...so he was out.

#11 was from MO, and came in and went 5-3...and he was out.

#10 James F. made top 32, and guess what, he is now out.

Several people got "tripped" by Nats!!!

Vince

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back