Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

A few questions about Lv.X cards

AzNightmare

1) If I have a Mewtwo Lv.X in play, can it be de-evolved from things like devolution spray (or something equivalent) since it's technically a basic pokemon and not an evolution. Or is the Mewtwo Lv.X immune to any sort of devolution?

2) If I have a Mewtwo in play, and a Mysterious Fossil in play, and I evolve to an Aerodactyl (fossil set) with it's Prehistoric Pokemon power which states, "No more evolution cards can be played.", Is it still leagal to play a Mewtwo Lv.X card?

3) For any searching trainer cards, if it says "Basic or Evolution" or "Pokemon", it means I can search my deck for a Lv.X card then. And only if the trainer card says search for Basic or search for Evolution, am I not able to search for a Lv.X ... correct?

Thanks in advance.

1. No. Mewtwo is an enevolved Pokemon. Unless there is a Pokemon card with a different name underneath, it's not evolved. Another Mewtwo is just a lower level, not a lower stage. It not "just" a technicality.

2. Yes. Leveling Up is not evolving.

3. You have that correct. A trainer would have to say both on it to equal the general word "Pokemon".

Back