Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

A few Team play questions

gijinka

Hello, I'm trying to figure out a few questions since I'll be judging a fun tournament using team play, and because I can't find rulings similar enough to some specific cards, I'd be very grateful for some advice :)

1. If I go first, is my team partner allowed to evolve (basically "can't evolve during player's 1st turn" vs "...team's 1st turn")?

2. How many extra turns should we play after time has been called - 3 as usual or additional ones?

Edit: Found those two:

3. How would an effect like Gothitelle EPO 47 (Magic Room, Item lock) be played correctly?
Q. Does Dark Gatr stop both opponent's babies in team?
A. No just the one you declare. You can redeclare everytime Dark Gatr. becomes active [Ed.Note: In other words, the declaration must stay the same until Dark Feraligatr is no longer active]. (Nov 21, 2002 WotC Chat, Q120)

4. Can an Ability like Gardevoir NEX 57's (doubles Basic Psychic Energy) be applied for my partner instead, or only the player who has the Pokémon in play?
Q. In team battle, can I benefit from my teammate's Meganium's Wild Growth pokemon power?
A. [It] is a continuous Pokemon Power so you must declare when you play that Meganium which player it helps. (Jun 27, 2002 WotC Chat, Q71)

5. Can I use Thundurus EX's Raiden Knuckle to let my partner attach one of his Energy cards (as long as everything stay on its owner's field)?
5a. Similarly, are an attack's damage and text always "linked"? Like, if an attack deals damage and places an effect (like 40+Poison), both affects the same oppo's Defending Pokémon, right? How about an attack that deals 30 +30 to the bench - would A's Defending and B's Benched work, or do I have to pick two Pokémon of the same opponent?

6. How would N be played:
6a. Each player (as the card states), or pick one opponent and one player from my team (like Galactic's Wager)?
6b. Then draw how many cards - assuming no Prizes have been taken, only 3 (my own Prize cards), or 6 (my Team's Prizes combined)?

7. Is the rule "The player going first for each team may not play any Trainer, Supporter, or Stadium cards on his or her first turn." still in place for team battle, or just a relic from previous versions?

As always, thank you very much in advance for your help! :)

Last edited:
Back