Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

A French Deck...

Status
Not open for further replies.

lev

Hello!

National championships will be held soon in France. The matter is that I have no deck for it, but I'm qualified (All expansions were allowed in qualification). The cards that will be allowed in National must be from Expedition, Aquapolis, Skyridge (which has never been released in France...), R&S and Sandstorm!

Here's the deck I made...

20 Pokémon

-4 Ralts (2 R&S, 2SS)
-2 Kirlia (1 R&S Super Beam, 1 R&S Life Drain)
-3 Gardevoir
-2 Gardevoir EX
-2 Wynaunt
-2 Wobbuffet
-4 Dunsparce

19 Energies

-15 Psychic
-4 Boost

21 Trainers

-4 Professor Oak's Research
-3 Copycat
-1 Professor Orm's Training Method
-4 Rare Candy
-3 Fast Ball
-2 Star Piece
-2 Dual Ball
-2 Switch

I've already had some helpful fixes on pokéschool board...
What do you think of it? Please help me, any comments will be helpful, and above all any fixes! Thanks for all!

PS: Sorry for the mistakes I made in English...

Thanks for the fix... Before all I just want to say that I've forgotten a ETM in the deck list!

I really like beginning with the Dunsparce, it is by far quicker than Wynaut to get basics. i agree that after that it's no use anymore, but I want a fast deck! And if I put Wynaut/Wobb, I'll only have weakness to psychic (which is not annoying you will say).

ETM is cool but is unfortunately a supporter, so I prefer to use a POR, and then I can still use fast Ball. I always manage to get the card I want (not by cheating, but with statistics: I only have one evolution line, and 2 Kirlia. If already one Kirlia is out, I have a great chance of drawing a Gardevoir and so on).

Oh by the way nice deck, but in my view you run too many supporters, and there's a card that is called Lannette (or something like that, I only have it in French) that allows you to search for 3 Basic Pokémon, that's better than 2 (with Fan Club)!

Yeah, but they have to be diffrent types (i.e. colors) to use Lannette's Net Search and since you only Run psychic and colorless you only get 2 which means you have to get a psychic Pokemon and Dunsparce

lev said:
I really like beginning with the Dunsparce, it is by far quicker than Wynaut to get basics. i agree that after that it's no use anymore...

Au contraire! I think that after you playtest with it a while, you'll find that you like it for sudden flash's ability to buy you a turn or two, take a critical 20HP from colorless weak PKMN, or just a PKMN to go out front and force an attack so you can counter attack.

That said, with the boost you might like Wynaut->Wobb->Heal All Dmg->Boost->Flip Over as an option. Gives you a turn 2 OHKO on most basics. This can be a game breaker. If you do match play (2 of 3) it can really help you get to or through the third game.

Bonne Chance! And please send us a report after your tourney!

Last edited:
Thank you so much bulbasnore for the tips! Here in France it is the first time that only cards from expedition and onwards are allowed in tournament, that is why I need as much game tips as possible! Dragon will not be allowed, so there will be no Pokémon with weakness to colorless, but it is true that if I can paralyze I win a turn, not bad at all!

And you learnt me something! I didn't know we could put a Boost Energy on Wobbuffet when it evolves from Wynaut, because it is always written Basic on Wobb! That's great! I'll maybe add 1 Wynaut and 1 Wobb, and forgot about Dunsparce (by adding 2 more Dual Ball)... You're right, it will be the best 2 out of 3 matches for the French Championships, so it could be decisive as you said...

By the way you've got a perfect French! If you have any more comments or tips, do not hesitate!

Otherwise be sure that I'll write a report on this board!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back