Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

A little help here

Status
Not open for further replies.
At the bottom it said for US nationals that the byes don't stack. I have won Ontario Provincials and came 2nd at Eastern Canadian Regionals, so will I be awarded 2 byes or 3. I originally thought 2 but, a possibly typo/or not saying only at US nationals kinda makes me think differently. I am Zach Lesage on the list BTW. Thanks.

We would appreciate it if State and Regionals winners who plan to attend Nationals could look over the list located at :

http://www.pokemon.com/us/organized-play/championship-series/2010-national-championships/byes/

If you spot any mistakes please write to us at [email protected]

Thanks

If we show up (to collect our $300), but are not going to be playing in the event is there anything we need to do or just by no registering will we be fine? I am just asking as I got a bye from winning a States, but I don't plan on playing and I don't want to be thrown into the event because I said I was attending.

LMK and Thanks Pete, :thumb:

Drew

If we show up (to collect our $300), but are not going to be playing in the event is there anything we need to do or just by no registering will we be fine? I am just asking as I got a bye from winning a States, but I don't plan on playing and I don't want to be thrown into the event because I said I was attending.

LMK and Thanks Pete, :thumb:

Drew

JMHO, but the $300 for winning a State is for attending and PLAYING @ Nats. Not showing up to hang with friends only and grab some cash. Again, just my opinion.

From the Prize list @ Pokemon OP website. "A $300 travel allowance to participate in the Pokémon TCG National Championships (U.S. & Canada). This allowance will be given on-site at the National Championships.*" The travel allowance is to be used to PARTICIPATE @ Nats. Would be strange to put the bye(s) and travel award in there and not expect a player to play.

Keith

We would appreciate it if State and Regionals winners who plan to attend Nationals could look over the list located at :

http://www.pokemon.com/us/organized-play/championship-series/2010-national-championships/byes/

If you spot any mistakes please write to us at [email protected]

Thanks

You missed one, emailed you.

JMHO, but the $300 for winning a State is for attending and PLAYING @ Nats. Not showing up to hang with friends only and grab some cash. Again, just my opinion.

From the Prize list @ Pokemon OP website. "A $300 travel allowance to participate in the Pokémon TCG National Championships (U.S. & Canada). This allowance will be given on-site at the National Championships.*" The travel allowance is to be used to PARTICIPATE @ Nats. Would be strange to put the bye(s) and travel award in there and not expect a player to play.

Keith

I agree with that statement. Any player who won the $300 travil allowance should play a set number of rounds (NOT COUNTING BYES!!!!) in order to get thier travil award. If they want to drop after that set number of rounds have been played let them.

Keith

I don't see how this is any of your business Keith? You wonder why I get into arguements with you, this is EXACTLY WHY. You are sticking your nose in something that you just don't need to be involved in, as it is NONE of your business. It is nothing but a way to IMO prevent me from getting $300 that I won at States. You have no idea how much this upsets me that you posted this. I mean I don't get upset much, but congrats you have managed to do it once again. Oh, and as far as you assumption of not playing and hanging out with my friends, your opinion would be wrong. I was planning on helping as a TCG volunteer, but then they asked for VGC staff so I am working the VGC at Nationals. I am sorry that you disagree, but what is it to you if I do or don't get the $300? I mean I EARNED it by winning a States.

Drew

If you don't want others to get involved in your business, maybe you should have just emailed your question to TPCi directly, instead of posting it here for the world to see?

If you don't want others to get involved in your business, maybe you should have just emailed your question to TPCi directly, instead of posting it here for the world to see?

First off, I was told I was going to be able to collect it from POP when I asked them. Plus it has been that way in the past I wasn't expecting that to changed after I had talked to POP via email about it. I really can't change anything now as they decided to release that info on Pokemon.com on the 15th which is way after states is a week after I decided to say I could staff the VGC. I mean now I can't play as I already have commited myself to staffing the VGC instead and the fact is it would be wrong to try to get out of it now after saying I could work it just to collect my travel award that I up until about 20 minutes was expecting to get and now am a little wary of now.

Drew

Drew: Then why post that here, as EeveeLover points out? Email OP directly with a Q like this. I stated an opinion. So what? Ignore it if you dont like it. Participation @ Nats is part of the requirement to get the travel award. Look at it this way...if you won Nats but couldnt go to Worlds, OP wouldn't give you cash since they didn't use the flight and hotel on you.

Keith

---------- Post added 06/20/2010 at 10:30 AM ----------

Just to add on, I feel this way about any person trying to do this. Nothing personal Drew. You seem to think I pick on you, when I am simply stating an opinion. I am allowed to speak my opinion, correct?

Drew: Then why post that here, as EeveeLover points out? Email OP directly with a Q like this. I stated an opinion. So what? Ignore it if you dont like it. Participation @ Nats is part of the requirement to get the travel award. Look at it this way...if you won Nats but couldnt go to Worlds, OP wouldn't give you cash since they didn't use the flight and hotel on you.

Keith

---------- Post added 06/20/2010 at 10:30 AM ----------

Just to add on, I feel this way about any person trying to do this. Nothing personal Drew. You seem to think I pick on you, when I am simply stating an opinion. I am allowed to speak my opinion, correct?

Keith, I am not going to continue to argue with you.

I was asking if we are already registered in the event or not. I was assuming no, but figured since Pete posted here he might follow up. It wasn't something that I was really worried about as I could ask there. You have managed to give two totally different scenarios. If I am AT Nationals then I obviously attended the event, played maybe not so much. I mean I was told that I could do what I am doing, a few months ago (almost immediately after States), so I wasn't expect them to change the rules.

I will say that I do and I have asked you Keith to refrain from posting on what I say. You told me that you would try, but I guess you word means nothing as you have once again done it. I understand that you are allowed to post your opinion, but you can't change how I FEEL about it. I feel like you constantly attack me and that most likely isn't going to change. There aren't many people I don't like, but congrats Keith, you are in a select group of people, I just would rather not deal with as you constantly upset me with your posts that I feel attack me.

I think the bigger issue I am having, is why did you need to post about whether I get $300 or not? It really isn't a big deal to you. I mean as I said, if I was told originally that I needed to play a round to get the $300, or atleast register, I would have 100% done so. However I was told something by POP and the this week they posted something (that I didn't know about) that change their stance on it. Now, I can't play as I have volunteered to staff the VGC. I can't and really don't want to get out of it. I mean the only thing I can do now is explain the situation and see what they say. I expect their won't be an issue about it. The fact that I am attending and working the event IMO seems just as positive to getting the $300 as if I was playing. I mean I am still helping Pokemon out and not just showing up just to collect $300. I mean I am sure you can understand where I am coming from. If I get the $300 awesome, if I don't, I won't be happy at all, but I guess there are worse things that can happen to me. I however, still don't understand the need for you to post your opinion on this other than to try to prevent me from getting $300 at Natioanls or push the idea that I might not. Seems like your post was WAY more negative than positive, and my thinking is that when posting your opinion online, you should try to not do anything that would start a huge arguement/flame war.

Drew

I don't see how this is any of your business Keith? You wonder why I get into arguements with you, this is EXACTLY WHY. You are sticking your nose in something that you just don't need to be involved in, as it is NONE of your business. It is nothing but a way to IMO prevent me from getting $300 that I won at States. You have no idea how much this upsets me that you posted this. I mean I don't get upset much, but congrats you have managed to do it once again. Oh, and as far as you assumption of not playing and hanging out with my friends, your opinion would be wrong. I was planning on helping as a TCG volunteer, but then they asked for VGC staff so I am working the VGC at Nationals. I am sorry that you disagree, but what is it to you if I do or don't get the $300? I mean I EARNED it by winning a States.

Drew

Who dictates whose business this is? Who dictates who can give their opinion? I'm just not seeing where this is written anywhere.

Seems to me that you don't like someone with some decent recognition in the game voicing their opinion that may damper your party, even if the person has the right to voice their opinion and even if the person may be right.

LOLZ even agrees with Lawman, yet you only single out one person? I agree with both of them, and not because I want you not to receive the $300 for winning states, but because it makes logical sense. They are giving you the $300 to cover some of the expenses it would cost you to travel to Nationals so that you can play in the event. If they were just going to give you $300, they'd have given it to you with the States prizes the day of the event.

Hate to be another person to rain on your parade, but it only makes sense. And I'm sorry you set up other responsibilities, and maybe it will all turn out okay in the end, but none of that is my problem.

That's my opinion on the subject.

^^^ Examples of why I don't frequent the 'Gym. See what could be an interesting topic from Pete, and this is what I find. *sigh* (Though Pete's part WAS interesting, lol.)

I think he should get his $300. I have no doubt that the intent of the award was obviously to have competitors come to Nats and make the tournament harder, and that paying those who came only for $300 was not intended at all. So what? POP's intent is irrelevant. I just looked over the official site's travel award FAQ and it has no restriction on this. You as a lawyer should know that what is written is what matters.

Logic has no role in this. The FAQ, rather, says it all: a player merely has to show up to recieve $300.

Last edited:
Mr. De Shaw -- a Zach K is listed under states winners. I think that's me, but that's a mispelling of my first name, could you PM me to clarify or something? Thanks.

Mr. De Shaw -- a Zach K is listed under states winners. I think that's me, but that's a mispelling of my first name, could you PM me to clarify or something? Thanks.
Pete is already traveling to Indy and won't come back on the Gym. He said to contact customer service if there was an error,

I think he should get his $300. I have no doubt that the intent of the award was obviously to have competitors come to Nats and make the tournament harder, and that paying those who came only for $300 was not intended at all. So what? POP's intent is irrelevant. I just looked over the official site's travel award FAQ and it has no restriction on this. You as a lawyer should know that what is written is what matters.

Logic has no role in this. The FAQ, rather, says it all: a player merely has to show up to recieve $300.

I quoted the line from the FAQ. What part of "participate in US Nats" do you not get? :mad: Kinda hard to participate in if all you are doing is a cash grab! Again, JMHO and this goes for anyone trying to do this. The travel award is there to help get as many of the top players there to PLAY! Like I said before, if you win Nats and get the trip to Hawaii and Worlds...if you cannot go, TPCi wont cut you a check and say sorry you cannot go OR go to Hawaii on us for your vacation and not play. Sorry, I dont buy that kind of LOGIC.

Keith

Guys this topic was not meant to be a discussion or Q&A session.

Pete states 'Send us an email', pretty sure that would be the best course of action to get an answer to your questions.

<<click>>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back