Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

A message to all players going to Worlds this year regarding trade matterial.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Team Evolution

Since after this years Worlds all foreign cards (accept English cards for some unknown reason:lol:) will be baned from tournament play obviously this year trading with people for there Pokemon cards is basically going to be pointless unless they are from your country. If people still want to be able to even trade at Worlds I would advise people to bring cards from other games like Magic (which has no rule against foreign cards and doesn't even require translations for them), Yu-Gi-Oh (which at this point doesn't say if foreign cards are legal or not), World of Warcraft, and for the Japanese players I'd bring Bleach, Gundam War, and Rangers Strike since there not even available outside there country so people definately might want them (I know I do!).

The only reason I'm posting this is so there will be trading amongst the different countries and everyone won't just be standing around between matches being like "Hey you got trades, oh wait I wont be able to even play your cards so never mind".

Last edited by a moderator:
Since after this years Worlds all foreign cards (accept English cards for some unknown reason:lol:) will be baned from tournament play obviously this year trading with people for there Pokemon cards is basically going to be pointless unless they are from your country.

LOLOOLOLOLOLOLOL....you can buy english cards almost everywhere in the world so why wouldn't you be able to trade anymore? I am from germany and 95% of all my cards are english....o_O

Or. People will trade for English, because if i read the rule correctly everyone are allowed to use English. since it is the most printed or something like that

And what should non Japanese players trade there Japanese cards for then hmmm? I've never seen any of the Japanese players trading there English cards they just trade for English cards for Worlds. So what should we trade those for then hmm? Obviously this tread is more relevent for people who have a lot of foreign cards that they wont be able to use since POP wants to be haters but then again I guess everyone always has to throw there own 2 cents.

And what should non Japanese players trade there Japanese cards for then hmmm? I've never seen any of the Japanese players trading there English cards they just trade for English cards for Worlds. So what should we trade those for then hmm? Obviously this tread is more relevent for people who have a lot of foreign cards that they wont be able to use since POP wants to be haters but then again I guess everyone always has to throw there own 2 cents.

Might try trading for sleeves and things that aren't actually cards, and are still useful. Last time I was at Worlds in '06, there were quite a few people that had sleeves for trade.

I'll probably just bring my whole japanese stuff and give it to some japanese kid... Or I'll trade them for some bleach, we have the same bleach tcg here as in japan xD

I'll probably just bring my whole japanese stuff and give it to some japanese kid... Or I'll trade them for some bleach, we have the same bleach tcg here as in japan xD
Actually the games were different but the Japanese one was better anyway and it's obviously a lot farther allong in the show then ours is.

You are absolutely correct about trading for sleeves.
Ya I don't think a lot of the people that basically have all Japanese cards are going to keep playing this game once they get banned so why would they want sleeves for a game they are quiting unless they knew they could sell them right after.

Ya I don't think a lot of the people that basically have all Japanese cards are going to keep playing this game once they get banned so why would they want sleeves for a game they are quiting unless they knew they could sell them right after.

OMG...seriously do you actually think before you are posting?! Maybe 5% of all the players who used lots of japanese cards in the past will quit the game and they prolly won't go to Worlds anyways. Furthermore there will be a 10% rule next season so there really is no reason to quit Pokemon!

OMG...seriously do you actually think before you are posting?! Maybe 5% of all the players who used lots of japanese cards in the past will quit the game and they prolly won't go to Worlds anyways. Furthermore there will be a 10% rule next season so there really is no reason to quit Pokemon!
If they have already spent all there money on the cards and they wont be legal next year then why wouldn't they go. How about you take your own advise and think before you post since lets face it 6 cards is nothing and people who have about 80 percent of there legal cards in Japanese why would they keep playing because they can play 6 of those cards unless they trade for a hellalot of english cards at Worlds.

Here in germany we have the japanese TCG, not the american ;)
Nice. If you are going to Worlds bring your extras I know I'd want to trade for some.

I'll probably be going, and dont plan on continueing to play Pokemon, so bring Magic and I'll trade my English Pokemon stuff for it.

If they have already spent all there money on the cards and they wont be legal next year then why wouldn't they go. How about you take your own advise and think before you post since lets face it 6 cards is nothing and people who have about 80 percent of there legal cards in Japanese why would they keep playing because they can play 6 of those cards unless they trade for a hellalot of english cards at Worlds.

I do think before I post. 5-10% of all players who used lots of jpn cards before is not much! Furthermore all the players who play the game competetivly won't stop just because of a new ruling...I had like 200 jpn holos and 16 jpn lv. x myself when the announced the new ruling but for me that's not a reason to quit such a great game!

5-10% of all players who used lots of jpn cards before is not much!

Not to criticise this statement, but think from the vendor's Point of View:

10% of all players is 10% of sales per year! That is a lot of money.

Basically, you are going from 100% sales to 90 per cent in a single fell swoop. Look at how much money is made from Pokemon sales each year.

The average taxable salary in one year- compare that to 10% of sales, and you'll see that this is a load of money for Pokemon companies.

Not to criticise this statement, but think from the vendor's Point of View:

10% of all players is 10% of sales per year! That is a lot of money.

Basically, you are going from 100% sales to 90 per cent in a single fell swoop. Look at how much money is made from Pokemon sales each year.

The average taxable salary in one year- compare that to 10% of sales, and you'll see that this is a load of money for Pokemon companies.

Well, as I clearly stated the 10% are mostly players who used 90% jpn cards so TPCi didn't made any money on them anyways.

Since after this years Worlds all foreign cards (accept English cards for some unknown reason:lol:) will be baned from tournament play obviously this year trading with people for there Pokemon cards is basically going to be pointless unless they are from your country. If people still want to be able to even trade at Worlds I would advise people to bring cards from other games like Magic (which has no rule against foreign cards and doesn't even require translations for them), Yu-Gi-Oh (which at this point doesn't say if foreign cards are legal or not), World of Warcraft, and for the Japanese players I'd bring Bleach, Gundam War, and Rangers Strike since there not even available outside there country so people definately might want them (I know I do!).

The only reason I'm posting this is so there will be trading amongst the different countries and everyone won't just be standing around between matches being like "Hey you got trades, oh wait I wont be able to even play your cards so never mind".
it's a 10% rule instead, u can have 6 foreign cards in your deck, including energy.

I can't speak for others but I will be trading for more Japanese cards. English cards are easy enough to get but some Japanese cards are quite hard to find. That and I already have far too many English cards anyway. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back