Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

A New Forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Daddy Snorlax

Administrator
Staff member
Today we added a new forum called "Ask the Master Trainer's". This forum has been created to provide a means of getting Official rulings from PUI for Pokemon TCG. Most rulings will involve cards from the EX sets forward, but in cases where an older ruling is no longer consistent with the game rules, PUI will clarify the ruling. In general, all the older rulings will carry forward.

To start us off, rulings from the September 11, 2003 PUI Rules Team meeting have been loaded into the forum. The questions for these rulings were collected and developed by Team Compendium, largely from your postings here on the PokeGym.

Here is how the Forum will work:

1. Check the forum topics carefully to make sure your question has not been posted already.
  2. Title your post, starting with the a category (Trainer/Pokemon Power/Attack/Energy/Etc.) and then the card's name.
  3. Post your question, using examples to make it clear.
  4. To make the posts easier to read, please turn off signatures in this forum.
  5. Be patient and wait for PUI to provide an answer. This may take several days as their work load is very heavy at times.

<<< You need to follow the posting procedures above, or your post may be deleted. >>>

You will only be able to post questions in this forum. Only PUI will post replies. If you want to discuss an issue, please use the other forums here at the PokeGym where replies are permitted.

If we get too many duplicate or inappropriate posts, we will have to set the forum up so all posts go through an approval stage, but Jimmer has asked us to leave it wide open to start with. PUI is very interested in answering the questions that are important to you.

We hope this forum is helpful to Players, Judges and TOs. If you have questions, comments or would like to suggest a change in the way it works you can post them here or send a PM/e-mail to one of the Mods or Admins.

Enjoy!

Team Compendium

Too Cool - I'm about half-way thru the topics already! Thanks very much for this invaluable forum! :clap:

Last edited:
Wow PUI are Trampling *smirk* all over some of the ways the game used to work under Wotc.

eg a pokemon power that isn't affected by special conditions but isn't a poke-body.

quadruple damage if you are doubly weak.

Last edited:
Might need Yoshi to give me a hint as to some suitable C++ code for how compatible the two card games are PUI vs Wotc. ;) I was begining to think that the two games aren't that compatible until I found mention of an old style Baby.

Poor little energy eeveelution: doesn't work first turn now.

I did notice that one of the rulings uses the term 'evolves from' to just mean a single step in the chain. That particular difference may come back and Haunter us in the future. That one had me in quite a Rapid Spin for a while.

So who is the RULES TEAM??? Or is it a secret consprechacy?

Compendium EX...if I knock that out, do I get two prizes?

Nope,you get a ban for life! :lol: :D

Sensei: Just been to the new psychadelic Compendium EX... any chance that it can be toned down a little?

Just what is that background colour? It makes my eyes water.

NoPoke said:
Sensei: Just been to the new psychadelic Compendium EX... any chance that it can be toned down a little?

Yep, that color is a bit intense when you have that on full screen.

Juan: Can we go about 50% on that color? Make it pale?

As for who the rules team is:

Jimmer Sivertsen - Pokemon USA Manager and Final Authority
Team Compendium - Random Bunch of Old Farts

Has anyone else tried to post a topic in the new forum? I tried and nothing showed up. Is there an anti-Yoshi filter in place? ;)

Sorry, I left my Leetspeak-English English-Leetspeak dictionary at home. Anyway, the problem seems to be fixed.

Hmm, what happened to that post....?

Last edited:
NoPoke said:

Yeah,we`ve been discussing this,riiiiight Juan?;)

We are thinking of changing it back to the blue we had before but a final decision hasn`t been made as of yet.I told Juan that it was just way too much to read...

`Sensei

:eek: Sorry, we'd been talking about having a filter set that would require approval before a post showed up. I left it turned on, even though we ultimately decided to allow direct posting, unless there get to be too many duplicate or inappropriate posts. I've approved your posts and turned off the filter. Things should work now.

BDS

Do we have to start new threads, or can the question be posted in an existing thread relevant to the subject, but the specific question not yet asked?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back