Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

A Nintendo CCG - besides Pokémon?

UncleBob

Nintendo currently has a survey up on it's site for the e-Reader (http://www.nintendo.com/card_survey.jsp).

Upon taking this survey, it asked if I'd be interested in a CCG based off of Nintendo characters (then gave me some options, one being Zelda, which, of course, I picked),

Interesting that Nintendo would be asking about this, eh?

(BTW, Everyone go and take the survey! Save the e-Reader!)

cool... out of those choices I picked Zelda as well... but.....

Wouldnt it be cool to have a eCCG dedicated to Super Smash Brothers??? That would be sweet.... *tries to imagine 4 player battling all out war in eCCG form*

YES, SAVE THE E-READER... niftiest little gadget of all... best accessary ever, IMO....

I think the SSB idea would be a neat one, as it would bring in *all* Nintendo Characters, but I can't help but think it'd be too unbalenced - or simplistic...

As per Fire Emblem... to each their own. :) (although Zelda is 100% better! ;))

just think, SSB would appeal to us PTCGers, since charcters would be included... instead of gym badges, we earn trophies... well, not like big trophies, just little pins shaped liek trophies....

There could be Charecter cards, Like Pikachu, and Wario, and Link... Item cards like Pokeball, and Baseball Bats.... then 'energy' (for lack of a better name) cards..... though it looks simular to Pokemon like that, you can change the rules...

That was fun, I voted for Zelda because there is so much that can be done with it. SSB I like to death ,but can't see it being a CCG or TCG because it can only go so far. But it could be a card game like Mario Party-e card game.

Now, I hate to say it, but I don't see Zelda being a TCG. Even Nintendo would make it too boring and stale...I mean, who wants to summon a Redead? =/

Now, Mario would be a neat concept! I've actually made up kind of an idea for a Mario TCG...I should consider sending it in to Nintendo of America XD

Patriarch said:
Now, I hate to say it, but I don't see Zelda being a TCG. Even Nintendo would make it too boring and stale...I mean, who wants to summon a Redead? =/
I would.

Summoned lamer zombies in Magic. Redeads have style.

The Redead have style?

*recalls how exactly it is that the Redead attack Link*

*shudders* Yeah, that's... some kind of style.

I voted for Zelda as well. Would certainly be interesting to try out. But, let us hope that Nintendo would get some good game mechanics going.

I, for one, am not getting my hopes up. What are the odds that they'll actually make one? I couldnt resist taking the survey, though.

I was torn between Zelda Golden Sun. I easily discounted F-Zero (what, you throw cards and see who's goes farthest? Gimme a break), Mario (too character driven, not quite open-ended enuf), ADV Wars (it's basically a board game already, just more managable), and Fire Emblem (see ADV Wars).

Zelda seems like a good idea; it is a vast world to explore, many races/species to explore, and it has its own culture. You can feel a Zelda setting. It has an aura that makes the Zelda universe unique. Zelda fans can probably understand this babble better than a non fan. Think how Tolkein built a world that is truely unique, believable, and explorable. Think Star Wars/Trek. Same type thing.

Now, while Golden Sun is younger than Zelda, i think it has the same promise, but more so. It can avoid being character driven so that you are free to do whatever you want and play the game (think Magic vs. Character-Focused DBZ) There are plenty of fantastic creatures, the geography is awe inspiring, there are ways to mutate properties, via Djinn, items, etc., and there is a world that can be discovered without being tied to the game. That is why i voted for Golden Sun. It has potential. You can modify stuff with Djinn, items, you name it. There are unique environments to make a color wheel/pie kind of thing (think Magic colors' importance to the game): there are desserts, oceans, grasslands, forests, mountains, snow fields, caves, and more. This could be the foundation that the game can be built on. Zelda has just a few noteable races; plenty of unique characters to each race, so there would be a flavor-oozing game, but not much of a function to it. Golden Sun can fight the monotony of YGO--it can have colors define one card from the others, it can have multiple identical cards on the field without feeling like you have an army of unique characters. That's why PokéTCG works: there are more than just one Pikachu, so thats why it doesnt feel weird having four out at the same time. Golden Sun can be made a TCG pretty easily

How well is left up to them, though.

Sorry, but I'm totally biased towards Advance Wars. Just the ability to take my good ol' Rockets around, and not have to worry about battery dying...

Ah, Grit. Hated by everyone just because he has that extra inch on his range.

well, problem with AW is that there isnt much for expansion. Think Magic. There is absolutely nothing holding it down. It can come up with plenty of things to do years from now. It's like saying draw something (Magic) versus draw something that is naturally brown (AW); eventually you'll run out of stuff to draw. With AW, there is a set amount and variation of units. The same is true for characters. Eventually you're going to run out of things to do with the slim selection of options. Invent new characters? Invent new units? That'll cheese people off, you know. Plus, it's a board game. I could easily see it translated into a board game. A little table dictates damage, a terrain key dictates bonuses, etc. It's a board game at heart, and in my opinion can never be a successful card game.

Last edited:
Oh...definitly Golden Sun. The games itselfs have several adventures so that would make for quite a few expansions. Also with all of the items moves psynergy and combinations. Ahh the TCG would be so varied.

How about Starcraft

AAAH! STARCRAFT ZOMBIES! STARCRAFT WAS DEAD YEARS AGO I FORGOT!

But, I voted for Golden Sun.

Oh come on! Zelda? Villain starter decks will be okay, but every hero starter deck will have Link, Link,Link...
There's not enough heroes in Zelda.

No, there are a lot of heros in Zelda. You Just don't get to play them :p
for those who don't agree with Zelda, well I'm just going to stop there :p

Last edited:
I've got some ideas for a Nintendo Based TCG that I'd like to try and make on Appentice. Does anyone know where I can find the files to make cards on apprentice?

Zelda Heros:

Many Links (Depends how you look at the multiple Links theory, along with the four Links from Four Swords).
Many Zeldas (Look up!)
Old Men & Old Ladys in caves (Zelda I)
The Townsfolk (Zelda II)
Sahasrahla (Zelda III)
Townsfolk (Zelda III)
Carpenters (Zelda III)
The Essence of the Triforce (III)
Marin/Tarin (Zelda IV)
Ultura (Zelda IV)
Flying Rooster (Zelda IV)
Owl (Zelda IV)
Koriki (Zelda OoT)
Great Deku Tree (OoT)
Malon/Talon (OoT)
Epona (OoT)
Impa (OoT)
Gorons (OoT)
Daurina (OoT)
The Zoras (OoT)
King Zora (OoT)
Ruto (OoT)

All of these people, and I haven't even removed the Master Sword from the Temple of Time, nor touched upon Majora's Mask (Which would be a *great* one to pull characters from), Oracle of Seasons & Ages, or Wind Waker (And there's *tons* of characters in Wind Waker) - not to mention the comics and the *shudder* cartoon series...

Back