Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

A penalty question

japple52

I have a question about what’s the right penalty, if any, for the situation described below.

It’s a top-cut junior division game in its 3rd match. Player A has a bad setup with only an active Delcatty PK while player B has an average setup with an active Furret SW and a Ralts SW benched.

During player A’s turn, he Energy Draws twice with one Delcatty PK, and after a moment, player B informs player A that he can’t do that. A judge is called over, and player A puts 3 cards on top of his deck that he says were drawn via the second Energy Draw. The judge lets them continue without indecent, assuming that the second Energy Draw was an honest mistake. Then, player A plays a Felicity’s Drawing, which allows for setup. Player A wins the match by 1 prize.

No one but player A knows what cards were drawn with the second Energy Draw. With this being the case, what’s the right penalty if any for player A’s error? Player B didn’t press for a penalty but should he have? I will add that player A is a top ranked junior player and didn’t make this mistake any other time during the top-cut game. I understand the judge presumed that player A just made a mistake, but the whole incident is dubious.

What are your thoughts?

can player B confirm what 3 cards were drawn?
If not then id say its a fine line between a major and severe error. I would issue a Prize Penalty or a game loss for this,

Now for the 3 extra drawn cards, if we are unsure of what 3 were drawn, this makes it more difficult. Im not really sure how i would deal with that.

~Duke

Player B was unsure what cards were drawn because it took him a moment to catch the error and for a judge to come over.

Back