Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

A problem that must be corrected.

Status
Not open for further replies.

blastoise1992

Overall Nats is a great tournament, with alot of tough competition. But let me ask you a question, how can you screw over your opponent, without even winning! One word, DROPPING. That was a HUGE problem yesterday. (Don't even get me started on those horrible dice either BTW). I know someone who 6th round was 3-3, THE 3 OPPONENTS HE BEAT DROPPED which was like he was actually 0-6. This happened so much. And if you beat someone and they drop it's like a loss! Thats so horribly unfair.

Yeah, it's rather unfair for your resistance to be killed because of an uncontrollable factor.

I'm sure there's an easy way to keep resistance at a more meaningful level than the system currently used.Especially at big tournaments, once you beat people, or if you have a bad start (go 0-2 and maybe come back... the people you beat in r3 and beyond will most likely drop, because if you win r3, the opponent you just beat is probably 0-3, and from then on, people will be very likely to drop.) it's easy to end up at the same record as someone else but have an abyssmal resistance.

I'm 4-2 too! but 2 of my opponents dropped, so my resistance is almost non-existent =D.

i hate it when ppl drop cause their doing so bad.they dont ever think how it could affect a person they lost to.they just think of themselves..

As someone who's missed the cut on resistance 7 times this year (5 times by only 1 place), I agree.

The 2 worst things for your resistance are drops and first round losses. You have partial control over one of those. The other is entirelly up to your opponents.

SomethingElse said:
he's talking about nats, not overall

Yes, but why employ a different tiebreaker for a few tournaments? Also isn't there some possibility for abuse here by holding off on reporting tournaments a day or two?

yoshi1001 said:
Yes, but why employ a different tiebreaker for a few tournaments? Also isn't there some possibility for abuse here by holding off on reporting tournaments a day or two?
because with a huge tournament like this where tiebreakers can become so close, along with the fact that people are trying to grinch trips too

SomethingElse said:
because with a huge tournament like this where tiebreakers can become so close, along with the fact that people are trying to grinch trips too

I should have been more specific-what level in the process is this used?

Also, these tiebreakers can be very close in any tourament.

Last edited:
ChubbyChilupa135 said:
make it so ur not able to drop!!! Make ppl play threw the whole tourny!!

Well you can't

example

At UF pre release I had to leave early cause my parents where going to do something and would not be able to pick me up later

Shiloh Phoenix said:
yeah, this happens to me, but it's just another facet of the game, I deal with it by NEVER LOSING.
Indeed, that is the best counter to droppers. However, I usually deal with it by laughing at them.

L_L
O_O
L_L

In all seriousness, this dropping fiasco further proves that the current tournament format is broken(not the good broken, the bad broken) and needs to be fixed.

I remember one pre-release I attended a while back. I got third with a 5-1 record and my friend got first with a 5-1 record. The catch? His only loss was to me. In addition, the guy I lost to went 5-1 and snagged fourth. Something's not right with that.

well the bad part is when you have more then one drop. Thats where the trouble comes. I thinkl that you should get a win if you opponet don't show

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back