Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

A rainbow of possibilities? Advice welcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

FredMSloniker

I'm returning to the TCG after a long absence (how long? Team Rocket long.) and looking for some advice on building a deck I'll enjoy playing. I'm trying to construct a deck that (a) has a theme and (b) doesn't have some instantly obvious counter (like it doesn't work against water decks or something). I have the start of a deck design in mind, but I could use some advice on how to finish it, as well as a sanity check that I haven't missed some simple way to neuter it. Any advice would be appreciated.

Pokemon: 20
4 Porygon
4 Porygon2
4 Porygon-Z
4 Ho-oh
4 Kecleon

Trainers: 16
~Not sure what to put here.

Energy: 24
3 :fire:
3 :fighting:
3 :lightning
3 :grass:
3 :water:
3 :psychic:
3 :metal: (basic)
3 :dark: (basic)

The basic plan is: feed Ho-ohs lots of different colors of basic energy to pump their attacks. Evolve the Porygons quickly and use Porygon-Z's Conversion to hit the opponent's weak points whenever possible. Feed Kecleons whatever colors are needed to let them tank the opponent while the other pokemon are powering up.

I figure I'll need to use trainer cards that'll let me pull lots of energy, from the deck and from the discard pile; supporters would benefit from Porygon2's Download, but I suppose I shouldn't rely on it. So what are your thoughts?

celeos, energy serches and energy restors a cupple mentors and night maintance.
4-4-4-2-2 in the order above about all i can say. test it and tell me what you think. hope it works but i think you should try one of the other peoples decks first. good luck

Hm. Looks like some other people have already put together Porygon-Z and Ho-oh decks, as well as Garchomp decks (which was what I was considering using instead of Porygon-Z so I wouldn't have to discard a bunch of energy). I'll have to take a look at those threads and decide whether I want to use one of those decks or come up with a new idea. Thanks for the advice!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back