A rainbow of possibilities? Advice welcome.

Discussion in 'Deck Help and Strategy' started by FredMSloniker, Mar 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FredMSloniker

FredMSloniker New Member

I'm returning to the TCG after a long absence (how long? Team Rocket long.) and looking for some advice on building a deck I'll enjoy playing. I'm trying to construct a deck that (a) has a theme and (b) doesn't have some instantly obvious counter (like it doesn't work against water decks or something). I have the start of a deck design in mind, but I could use some advice on how to finish it, as well as a sanity check that I haven't missed some simple way to neuter it. Any advice would be appreciated.

Pokemon: 20
    4 Porygon
    4 Porygon2
    4 Porygon-Z
    4 Ho-oh
    4 Kecleon

Trainers: 16
    ~Not sure what to put here.

Energy: 24
    3 :fire:
    3 :fighting:
    3 :lightning
    3 :grass:
    3 :water:
    3 :psychic:
    3 :metal: (basic)
    3 :dark: (basic)

The basic plan is: feed Ho-ohs lots of different colors of basic energy to pump their attacks. Evolve the Porygons quickly and use Porygon-Z's Conversion to hit the opponent's weak points whenever possible. Feed Kecleons whatever colors are needed to let them tank the opponent while the other pokemon are powering up.

I figure I'll need to use trainer cards that'll let me pull lots of energy, from the deck and from the discard pile; supporters would benefit from Porygon2's Download, but I suppose I shouldn't rely on it. So what are your thoughts?

2. pistolpetepeterson

pistolpetepeterson New Member

celeos, energy serches and energy restors a cupple mentors and night maintance.
    4-4-4-2-2 in the order above about all i can say. test it and tell me what you think. hope it works but i think you should try one of the other peoples decks first. good luck

3. Chairman Kaga

Chairman Kaga Active Member

Togekiss. That is all.

4. Blaziken 1111

Blaziken 1111 Active Member

24 energy is way too much. Never go over 20 energy at the most.

5. FredMSloniker

FredMSloniker New Member

Hm. Looks like some other people have already put together Porygon-Z and Ho-oh decks, as well as Garchomp decks (which was what I was considering using instead of Porygon-Z so I wouldn't have to discard a bunch of energy). I'll have to take a look at those threads and decide whether I want to use one of those decks or come up with a new idea. Thanks for the advice!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.