Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

A Tale of Two States, OK & TX...

Mob2099

... Never been one much on reports about each match (besides how can you top a Kettler report). I just report on the tourneys as a whole and what deck I played and what I played against.

This season my Mob of 4 became a Duo, due to Nancy judging and Heather working.

Dale and I both played the deck we played during CC's. Bancario/Crystal Beach with the Fishing engine 2.0 with different tweaks in each. In OK I run into Gardy mostly, which my list of 2 celio and 3 visits makes the match up harder than usual and bites me in OK top 8. For TX I switch them out for a max on quickball, max on birch and 2 island hermits. The change worked great against Gardy and others but would be my downfall in top 8 against Magphlosion when Lucario LX evades me the whole game. Even thou I didn't place above 5th in either state, I was one of only two that made top 8 in both states, John K. being the other.

So my record for OK is 5-2 and for TX is 7-1. In OK I don't recall lopsided luck going my way. The games usually came down to the wire. But in TX 2 of my games I was able to way out speed the other deck and bench them for the win. Another match, against Magphlosion, my deck timed everything precisely and allowed me to make moves for a win that is usually 60-40 in Mags favor.

IMO, Even thou the field was mostly Gardy(heavy in OK) and Magphlosion (heavy in TX). Other very solid decks seen and played against where Exploud/claydol, Blissey, Electrivire and Empoleon/claydol.

Dale did well at each. 3rd in OK, losing to a good friend and mirror match, then missing top 8 on resistance in at 9th for TX. Don't remember OK top for seniors but TX was 2 Gatrs, 2 Bancarios, 2 Magmortors, Gardy, Mario.

Both tourneys were ran very well. Props to all that had a hand in them!
It was great seeing everyone.

Now onto Regional’s, which will be an overgrown State ( or was states a mini regionals?), but maybe I'll be able to come up with another Great Rogue Deck.

Last edited:
Following Dana's Que, I Will also post what I saw from my angle, and how I did in general.

I played one of the ever Popular decks (MagPhlosion) in both States. In OK I did very well being the only Undefeated player going 6-0. Then winning my way to the Finals, losing to luck. In Texas, I didnt make ANY changes and my deck decided it didnt like me (Which has been the case for most Texas States I have played in).

Decks that I faced in OK were: Rogue Grass (W), 4 Gardy/Gallade (WWWL), Banette (W), Electivire (W), & Infernape (W). (Only Loss on the day was the GAG in teh Finals.
Decks that I faced in TX were: Mirror (MagPhlosion)(L), Empoleon/Octillery (L), Gardy/Gallade (L), Darkrai/Weavile (W), No Show (W), Sceptile/Tangrowth (W), And Somthine else.

In OK, My deck worked exactly like it had done in testin..Wonderful starts, no problems. In TX, on the other hand, didnt work at all. I had HORRIBLE starts with nothing comming in the following turns, and needless to say, lost my edge at the end of the day going 4-3.

OK: 2nd Place (8-1)
TX: 27th Place (4-3)

Regionals, here I come FOR THE WIN!

This is the second time we have done 2 reports in one, we should keep it up. I like it, it gives the community a change in pace in what they read. More bang for your money (post) too. :lol:

oops! wife is logged in. my bad.

nice work Dana.
I had a good time Sunday even though was was overly Dizzy and Sick
@_@; Tina learned her lesson.

Following Dana's Que, I Will also post what I saw from my angle, and how I did in general.

I played one of the ever Popular decks (MagPhlosion) in both States. In OK I did very well being the only Undefeated player going 6-0. Then winning my way to the Finals, losing to luck. In Texas, I didnt make ANY changes and my deck decided it didnt like me (Which has been the case for most Texas States I have played in).

Decks that I faced in OK were: Rogue Grass (W), 4 Gardy/Gallade (WWWL), Banette (W), Electivire (W), & Infernape (W). (Only Loss on the day was the GAG in teh Finals.
Decks that I faced in TX were: Mirror (MagPhlosion)(L), Empoleon/Octillery (L), Gardy/Gallade (L), Darkrai/Weavile (W), No Show (W), Sceptile/Tangrowth (W), And Somthine else.

In OK, My deck worked exactly like it had done in testin..Wonderful starts, no problems. In TX, on the other hand, didnt work at all. I had HORRIBLE starts with nothing comming in the following turns, and needless to say, lost my edge at the end of the day going 4-3.

OK: 2nd Place (8-1)
TX: 27th Place (4-3)

Regionals, here I come FOR THE WIN!

good job in OK. magmortar tends to do the sort of thing it did to you in TX, just ask zach fisher...

Never been much for BHD , but I bet it would do well if it were around at TX regionals.

Damn rotation

Back