Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

A way to help put Pokemon...

Tank68

back into the schools! Well, into the Elem. sch. anyways! Everyone seems to think that Pokemon is dying & for some kids who dont know its ALIVE & kicking, I bought tons of Pokemon Valentines Day Cards off of Ebay so my son can pass them out at sch & hopefully pull in NEW PLAYERS! They are the cutest thing, & I have NOT find them here locally in any store yet. I have looked through Wal-Mart, Target, our Grocery Stores, & nothing! So where else to find them, but on Ebay! They come with Valentine Pops also which those are on the way! I am going to print up some Legue Info to add to them so maybe it just might reach at least 1 kid in his class! I have also found Printables online so if you cant buy any on time, try printing your own out! Just a way I thought of that might help pull in more kids, or at least to let them know that Pokemon Leagues & Tournys are still going strong! I hear from so many new players: "Wow, we didnt even know Pokemon is still around"! So, heres a way to get it out there!
So if you have young players who send out V-Day Cards at school anyway, heres a way to "SPREAD" the good news!
Just a suggestion!
~Melissa~

Not to be a wet blanket, but at least here schools aren't going to be very happy about advertising anything including League via handout or flyer without school and/or district approval.

I had a league parent who tried to start a league at her child's school as an after-school activity and was turned down by the district as it was considered a 'commercial' activity.

I've not seen Pokemon Valentines in stores in years; I'd guess that what you're buying off eBay are the old ones as I've not seen any in stores this year nor last.

Printables, where? Link please?

'mom

What can they do after the fact? No one will see it until they get home, if even then! And if you do it small enough like I plan to do it, it's just part of the Valentines Day Card! So it will be a done deal!

Links, just search the net like I did. You can come up with tons of sites & they might have nothing on them that you want. Just look around!

~Melissa~

The only thing that I can think of is to get involved and spread the Pokemon love. I know that sounds cheesy but that is what my family is doing. My two elementary-aged sons play and when friends seeemed interested we would show them how to play and lend them old theme decks for practice. I donate items to school functions. One of the biggest events is an indoor carnival and at the carnival they have a jar jump - you walk around in a circle and stop when the music stops with the person standing on the winning number picking a jar as their prize. I always donate jars filled with cards and stuffed Pokemon and for the past two years all the Pokemon jars were the first ones to be picked. Finally, I volunteered to teach a class during the after-school enrichment program. I charge a small fee which covers the expense of providing each student with a theme deck. We use them in class with the rulebook and playmat and damage counters to learn the mechanics and then the kids get to take them home so that they have their own deck. It has been a huge success. Right now I have 30 kids in my two classes. My problem is getting to that next step of coming to league. Many of the kids would love to come to league and/or tournaments but they rarely make it. I'm going to keep trying though!

There is also the new Pokemon Learning League. I suggested this to the PTO and Principal but so far no progress at our school.

We like to make Pokemon cards, bookmarks, etc. from http://www.dltk-kids.com/pokemon/pokemon.html .

Just make sure your kids do not get made fun at or anything like that, because that is a common reaction among kids.

Back