Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

About randomizers

Qzin

Well let me write some facts first. I am maths teacher and a judge at tournaments. I know my way around probability and physics and I know there is a rule in POP that you can't deny your opponent's randomizer [you can use the same one tho].

I am right so far?

Then assuming that coins added to starter decks are legal (and they are) let's assume there is a person who can flip heads 8 times out of 10. [I am able to do so at least 8 times on every plastic based coin. I won't say how, however the coin makes 4 flips in mid air and one bounce at table surface.]

That is the reason I never flip a coin on tournaments and always use a dice. Then again could I disallow someone's coin based on my ability to flip heads at least 8 times out of 10?

Or should I take advantage of my practise with finding the right force and ability to flip heads most of the times because my opponents or other judges wouldn't be able to say 'No' to me using a coin? Also they wouldn't be able to repeat the trick most likely. I've played this game for 10 years now and flipped the coin for over 6 I guess using only plastic coins (Can't do it with metal ones)

[The most important thing is: Can an organiser disallow using coins that are added to decks as randomizers?]

This is not a card ruling question.
You are asking for a change to the floor rules.
Please discuss it in the forums or Pokemon's Professor forums.

The Pokemon Tournament Rules specifically state that coins from Theme decks are legal to use as randomizers.
That's pretty clear.

Back