Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Absol G

V1c10u5

Absol G has been very hyped, but I do not believe it to be the 'amazing' card everyone sees it as. I have found a few redeeming factors I would like to point out about Absol, then show why I dislike it.

Good:
Makes a baltoy start or anything considered bad not as bad. If u go first, call. Then attach to absol, retreat level up, and hit for 60.
Looks crazy dank. no joke. it looks sweet.
The level X's pokepower is cool I guess, but very flippy for so little potential discard.
OHKO's Gengar

Bad:
The only absol worth anything is the level X, infernape has split bomb, luxray had trash bolt, Absol G has no good attack except the lvl X's one.
It isn't a good start, no matter what. You have to wait a turn to level up while absol absorbs damage.
It's power is too flippy.
Weak to machamp/relicanth/mankey. The new Mankey OHKO's luxray GL lvl X, and also Absol Lvl X.
100 HP killed by infernape.

Absol will be a sweet card to have in your binder, or as a fun deck for league, but I do not see Absol as its own tournament caliber deck. A Gengar tech at best.

yea i've statered to realize some off those points :( . but i'm determined to make a deck with it that owns. i just cant seem to find the right thing to run it with. they should have made fient attack be a 40 snipe for 2, it would have made normal absol slightly better.

i_shikaXD
I agree totally.
I believe I will use it for fun.
But i can't thikn of it's honest amazement like the others do.

i think that it is really good at disruption. with that said i'll probably test it with palkia or luxray. i know for a fact that there is a really good combo for it and everyone is just overlooking it, then someone is going to sweep worlds or something with it and everyone will say omg! i didnt jnow it was that good lol. (just like luxape.)

Absol G has a GREAT attack. Message or Ruin. It forces your opponent to switch or die. Their choice. Of course you could pop a Luxray GL Lv.X and bring up something like a Claydol that can't retreat OR attack, in most cases. It will die next turn unless they have switches.

Absol G has a GREAT attack. Message or Ruin. It forces your opponent to switch or die. Their choice. Of course you could pop a Luxray GL Lv.X and bring up something like a Claydol that can't retreat OR attack, in most cases. It will die next turn unless they have switches.

They could also evolve, level up (I think), or SSU.

Actually, it's terrible. Almost everything has free retreat now.

Back