Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

"Absolutely Lost" -- Community SecretDeck #2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rogue Archetype

Moderator <br> Contest Host
Here's #2 of our community-built lists.

THIS IS A POKEGYM SECRET DECK!
Members of our community are contributing to make tournament grade decks.
These begin at Cards and Strategy threads and then are moved Here (deck help) once we come up with a list.

Props go to afstandopleren for following our Community SecretDeck thread #1 and
actually building and testing the following decklist! (his creativity is awe-inspiring!)

This is our Community SecretDeck Thread #1: CLICK HERE

Absolutely Lost (because Absol is the focus .... and the goal is to Lost Zone everything :tongue:)

----------
Pokemon
----------
1-1 Dialga LV.X (Counters potential Shifty PL matchups)
2-2 Absol G LV.X
2-1 Palkia G LV.X
4 Mesprit LA
3 Uxie LA
1 Zong G
2 Unown G

Total: 19
---------
Trainers
----------
3 Cyrus Conspiracy
4 SSU
4 TGI Poke Turn
4 TGI Power Spray
4 TGI Energy Gain
2 TGI SP Radar
3 Roseanne's Research
3 Dusk Ball
2 Night Maintenance
2 Cynthia's Feelings

Total: 31
--------
Energy
--------
4 Call
2 SP Energy
4 Water

Total: 10

Strategy: Run Absol to start Lost Zoning and attacking. Palkia's Power slowly sends opponents pokes to lost zone while limiting bench size. Dialga X shuts off Shiftry and Ampharos PL techs (also has an attack that Lost Zones energy!)

Last edited:
I don't think Dusk Ball is needed since it doesn't guarantee a pokemon. I would put in another Roseannes, SP radar, and SP energy. And maybe take out the Call for another SP Energy and 3 Basic Dark or Special Darks( which ever you prefer)

I understand. There are a lot of things I'd love to change with this deck though I don't know where to begin. I like your changes, Riq.

1. Azelf LA. With only 1 Palkia LV.X and a deck that depends on it....well, you do the math.
2. Warp Point. Every deck can use atleast 1 right, well, I think this 1 can 2 =P
3. Normal Pokemon VS SP Pokemon issue. I don't want to use Roseanne's to get Mesprit or Azelf all the time. Any other ideas to get them out guaranteed without having to play Rose?

SP Energy is being greatly overestimated.
What if you're up against Machamp or Gengar, and feel your best option given your opening hand would be to Deafen and set up DGX? Wouldn't it be nice to be able to search out one Metal?
What if you get an Absol start and Waters, but have a Cyrus/Roseanne. Wouldn't that snipe for 20 be nice T1?
Having only 4 searchable energy, and having only Water, appears on the surface to be a great overestimation of your draw and top decking ability.

I haven't been able to really test it in rs (the only way for me to test it at all). We still have a game going RA, how bout it?

Dialga lv. x? really?
Shiftry pl matchup? Who even plays shiftry?
oh and don't play level max, it's way too situational and doesn't help with absol.

yea dont run the dialga to counter shiftry you wont see it. its helpful if you come across a mewtwo lv x though. i'd add another pakia g lvx and a few max's this could help its speed.

Dialga lv. x? really?
Shiftry pl matchup? Who even plays shiftry?
oh and don't play level max, it's way too situational and doesn't help with absol.

And uhm, there are rogue players playing Shiftry. It's better to be prepared for the worse than be completely screwed over.
Who said it's for Absol? It's for Dialga and Palkia obviously.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back