Absolutions or Speed Empoleon?

Discussion in 'Cards: Strategy and Rulings Discussion' started by Grandielle, Sep 29, 2007.

8 league13 468 60
  1. Grandielle

Grandielle New Member

As you all know the 2007 WC Decks are releasing soon and i can't decide which deck to buy! Now in a tug of war between absolutions and empoleon so which one is better? Your opinions are appreciated =)

2. Gatsu

Gatsu New Member

Absolutions is funnier to use and has a lot of EXs.

empy was a better deck but it lacks "flavour".

3. NoPoke

NoPoke New Member

Better? How do *you* define better? After all thats the question being asked . Empoleon's play is probably closer in feel to the current decks. Absolution's heavy reliance upon Stump, powers, and Versatile Mew doesn't translate well into the current game.

If you are completely undecided then why not resolve things in true Pokemn style: Flip a coin, or play Rock Paper Scizors :D

4. Grandielle

Grandielle New Member

for my meaning of 'better' i would say in terms of consistency, set-up speed, match-ups against current archetypes and play strategy?

5. lolganium

lolganium New Member

empoleon is the deck. absolution is admittedly good, but empoleon is da biz if it's played properly, problem is, it took me like, 2 months to get it right! people thnk it's right, but in fact, it's not. so yeah empoleon is better but you gotta have loads of experience with it.

6. Prize_Card

Prize_Card New Member

I, like, absloutions, better, because, it, has, a, varierty, of, diffrent, ways, to, play.

7. Bolt

Bolt New Member

Rambolt won worlds.

Get Rambolt.

8. Grandielle

Grandielle New Member

lol both decks are equally good. More opinions please =)

9. lolganium

lolganium New Member

there a few ways to play empoleon. origionally i was hitting turn 1 candy, dre, turn 2 60. now i play turn 2 aqua shower. 40,40,40,40,40,40,40,40,40,40,40,40,40,40,40,40,40,40. aqua shower. 6 prizes!!!!

10. Dendrobatida

Dendrobatida New Member

Moving to single card strategies.

11. Darkwalker

Darkwalker New Member

Absolutions is just a flat out fun deck to play. Since this will be played for fun rather than tournaments (obviously) I highly recommend it.

12. Grandielle

Grandielle New Member

if im to go head to head with these two decks, which one will have higher chance to win?

13. Blassari

Blassari New Member

I think Speed Empoleon!

14. Grandielle

Grandielle New Member

In master's division absolutions won 1st place and empoleon won 3rd.How do you explain?

15. lolganium

lolganium New Member

bad draw.

yeah, cessation and cursed stone should make absolutions look silly.

16. Skarmbliss

Skarmbliss New Member

now the real question is which deck is better lucario/empoleon or speed empoleon?

17. Grandielle

Grandielle New Member

currently absolutions is in my mind now since i play casual and there is no OP in my country...did you all know that malaysia sucks bad?

18. lolganium

lolganium New Member

lucario is definatly not the play with empoleon. atm, i've slapped a 1-0-1 line of omastar pk in. it seems to work fine.

but yeah, lucario is rubbish in this deck.

19. ThePromise

ThePromise New Member

rambolt
    failing that, absolutions

20. lolganium

lolganium New Member

rambolt?