Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Ace Specs

Status
Not open for further replies.

duelistrealms

So are ace specs a thing of the past?? (I know they are still legal) Are they not going to be printed in Xy? Seems strange that a mechanic that people seemed to enjoy they are going to take away.

Who knows ex pokemon went away but they eventually decided to bring them back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mechanics come and go. It's part of what keeps the game fun. I liked Ace Specs, but I also like the game without Ace Specs. There is a good chance we could see them again someday. Who knows?

There were also no shining cards this set. Those were a HUGE hit with collectors.

They'll be back, after all shinies have almost always disappeared at the beginning of a generation (and HGSS) only to return one or two years later.

As for Ace Specs, they may have found the impact was less than they wanted it to be, or they're giving them a cool down for a bit. Who knows, but I'll certainly miss them if they're gone for good.

My issue with Ace Specs is there's not enough of them that are really any good, relative to each another. If we exclude G-Booster, because it's deck specific, what deck uses anything other than Dowsing Machine or Computer Search? A few Blastoise builds use Scramble Switch, you on rare occasion see Gold Potion (although I suspect Super Potion will harm its usage), and if you happen to play Victini EX you probably use Victory Piece. But if you took a sample of the non-Genesect decks at events lately, I bet you would find 90%+ use either Computer Search or Dowsing Machine.

I think the perfect candidate for new ACE SPECS are mega stones. Make the mega stones like evosoda for megas except if you mega evolve with the stone it doesn't end you turn. It would make ace specs again. And make megas more playable

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back