Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Add-Bomb

Dante63s

DP3 is on it’s way, lots of new decks to seek, Magmortar, Electivire, Darkrai, Blastoise and it just keeps going. This is a deck idea that I have that could be very efective.
The deck would be based aroud this cards:

Absol DP3
Ambipom MT
Umbreon Star POP5
Team Galactic’s Wager MT
Team Galactic’s Bet DP3
SSU DP ( To use Umbreons power againg and Absol second attack)
ER2 PK

Strategy:
Leave your opponent with no hand and no hope of getting one. Absol as the starter so you can start taking it right way. Ambipom as the main hitter 80 for two is good, Umbreon can sometimes asure the damage with Ambipom. Since theirs no stage 2 and you only need 2 enegys for your main atacker, their would be plenty of room for: 4 Team Galactic’s Wager, 4 Team Galactic’s Bet, ER2, etc. Any disruption would be a option. I remember people talking about a similar idea, but with Empoleon Lv. X, but thats a stage 3 that can only evolve being active, 2 reatreat, not that good for this deck.

Absol L.31 – Darkness – HP70
Basic Pokemon

[C] Wind of Misfortune: Discard 1 card from your opponent’s hand without looking. If the discarded card is any type of Trainer Card, discard 1 more card.
[D] Raid: 10 damage. On the turn this Absol is put into play from your hand, this attack does 40 damage. (If it is put into play during the game’s setup, ignore this effect).

Weakness: Fighting (+20)
Resistance: Psychic (-20)
Retreat: 1

What other Pokemon/Trainers do you think would do good in this deck? :thumb:

If you're trying to make your opponents hand small, Team galactic's wager could end up being counter-productive, which is no good.

Team Galactic's Wager and Team Galactic's Bet? Aren't you going a bit over the top?

Galactic's Mars could be useful.

Honchkrow could be nice, while it doesn't do as much to disrupt a hand, it has fighting resistance that I think this deck needs.

i made a deck list last night, and it's pretty similar to urs, except i had another empoleon line (3-2-3 w 1 empoleon X). I need it for big damage and to counter weakness or OHKOs. BTW, empoleon X fits the "nasty" theme.:wink:

Also, i'll usually start w ambipom. If they dont discard, we get a easy 80 ; If they choose to discard hand cards, thats great coz they fell for the trick. empoleon will follow up then and scramble! and hopefully u'll get a lv x to further decrease their hand cards.

Yeah, and that will leave you will less space for other cards that would be better in this deck, but it could work...

Back