Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

ADV4/EX1 Spoiler Du Jour

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nick15

http://www.fakecard.com/tcg/adv4/adv4spoiler.txt

It's far from complete. But already you're getting a good idea of what's to come. Here's what I've seen...

* No Team Magma/Aqua cards so far..... maybe they're only in the two 30-card decks?
* As you can tell, Aerodactyl ex and Kabutops ex from Sandstorm are in ADV4/EX1, as previously predicted and mentioned many times. Expect these cards to NOT be in the English release of ADV4/EX1, and likewise, expect their preevolutions to be in ADV4/EX1
* This card's main set has 80 cards, not counting any cards from the 2 30-card Team Magma/Aqua side decks.
* It just might be a typo, but my sources indicated that all these ex cards (quite a bit of them to begin with) are merely rares and not ultra/holo rares. We'll see when it comes out...
* Double Rainbow Energy's 10-less-damage deal only counts for the Defending Pokemon, not any damage done to itself. Meaning... sorry Metal Chansey and Rocket Zapdos users.

Give your two cents now....

Napalm as an attack... I hear the music swelling the helicopters buzzing and the whoosh of the jets overhead Blaziken attacks, whilst Pikachu surfs and Mewtwo fries....

Flashback is a terrible thing ;)

Last edited:
that sceptile just became the anti-Gardevoir ex for all sceptile users... I speechless at a few of these... Double-rainbow energy kicks ____, blaziken ex, and possibly even golem ex... they have potential.

Wow, golem EX's take down's very powerful. It can basically KO any non-ex pokemon in one hit.

Double rainbow energy is especially broken when use by pokemon whose attacks can put damage counters on the opponent's pokemon, such as dusclop...

This is it, it is now the EX wars!!!! This new EX Pokemon are just too broken, Sceptile ex is an invincible card, 40, poisoned and yo cant attack!!! now everyone will have to play 4 warp points in a deck, to counter that guy...

I love the idea of more EX Pokemon coming out in these sets. Makes it so you have more to chose from for differrent decks. :thumb:

~.~

SCEPTILE ex [150 HP] (Stage 2 Grass Pokemon / Evolves from Grovyle)
[G] Green Heal
Remove 4 damage counters from each of your Pokemon with any Grass
Energy attached to it.
[GCC] Poison Circle (40)
The Defending Pokemon is now Poisoned. During your opponent's next turn,
the Defending Pokemon cannot attack Sceptile ex (Benching either Pokemon
ends this effect).
<<<<
It should be cannot retreat
[GGCCC] Slash Down (100)
You can't use Slash Down during your next turn.

Venusaur said:
These pokemon ex get more and more broken.

I'll say, soon this whole game is simply going to be a mockery of itself, this is really starting to irk (for lack of a better word in my vocabulary) me.

Well, as much as I love Pokemon (and the EX Bock set especially), I still say the game has always been devloped by a bunch of idiots. Fortunatly none of the idiots have been on THIS side of the Pacific.

I'll keep playing Pokemon though, even while I'm counting down to the day when Duel Masters is released. :)

Last edited:
Truthfully, I rather enjoy the enhanced mechanics that this game continues to offer. EX cards, at least for me haven't really stuck out as "earthshattering" cards that could greatly impact the environment. (As soon as I say this, I am sure that I will be proven wrong.) I am, however still very much looking forward to this set, as I think it will bring a lot of new aspects to the game.

Take Care,

Skywolf1

Well, that remains to be seen.

The new cards really bring a very different environment that I believe some if not all want. Also, it depends on the format of the game we use in our leagues and to how these attract the new and comeback players.

The next set is very interesting and some cards are almost broken but remember all cards are countered anyway. (It made me recall the 2 prize ruling of the EX-Pokemon that made it not very broken IMO) :)

Wow Nick15, you really did a good job this time. Im surprised that a Double-Rainbow Energy is coming out :D. Too bad it also ruins my strategy after seeing the fine print:

1. attach DRE to a stage 1 pokemon (like Marshtomp)
2. Evolve in into a Pokemon-ex.
3. POWERED UP!!!

Oh well, too bad that idea wont work now. Instead, heres the new idea:

1. attach DRE to a stage 1 pokemon (like Marshtomp)
2. Attach multiple energies to it.
3. Evolve in into a Pokemon-ex.
4. Use Power Charge to bring it back into my hand (or deck. forgot what it said).
5. Attach it to another evo. next turn :D.

This would be a good card for someone like :unknown-s:unknown-c:unknown-i:unknown-z:unknown-o:unknown-r

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back