Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Aegislash 86 Rules Question

Loser626

So I am getting ready for Regionals and I don't have intentions on winning but I just want to have some fun with a deck. I was looking around and this combo kinda popped up on me. I'd like to know if it's being played right.

~~Powers/attacks in question:~~

Aegislash (XY #86)
King's Shield [50] - Prevent all damage done to this Pokemon by attacks during your opponent's next turn. This Pokemon can't use King's Shield during your next turn.

Aromatisse (XY #93)
Fairy Transfer [Ability] - As often as you like during your turn (before you attack), you may move a Fairy Energy attached to 1 of your Pokemon to another of your Pokemon.

Slurpuff (XY #95)
Sweet Viel [Ability] - Each of your Pokemon that has any Fairy Energy attached to it can't be affected by any Special Conditions. (Remove any Special Conditions affecting those Pokemon.)

~~The questions:~~

1. May I use Aegislash's King's Shield attack (with no Fairy Energy) then, on my next turn, use Aromatisse's Ability to move a Fairy Energy to Aegislash thus activating Slurpuff's Ability to remove the Special Condition, then move the Fairy energy off Aegislash allowing me to use King's Shield's full effect again?

2. If so, does this work for any Pokemon with the "Can't use this attack next turn" text such as Xerneas Ex (XY #97)?

Thanks ahead of time,
Rob

Last edited:
Sorry, but you are confusing a sub class of effects with all effects.
Sweet Veil only prevents/gets rid of Special Conditions.
Special Conditions are a special class of effects that are defined in the rule book (and theme deck play mats).
This is for two reasons:
They are like Status Conditions in the video game. We don't have Freeze, but maybe some day. As such, they have a special status and rules of their own.
Also, since they are used so often, defining them in the rules saves a lot of space on a lot of cards. They don't have to write out all the rules for how each Special Condition works on each card that refers to one.

In any event, the term "Special Conditions" refers ONLY to this group of effects:
Poisoned
Asleep
Confused
Burned
Paralyzed.
And that's it. Nothing else is a Special Condition, so the effect of King's Shield would not be counted as one of them.

Back